NaturalPoint: Apparently asleep at the wheel...

PJ_Godzilla

NaturalPoint: Apparently asleep at the wheel...

Post by PJ_Godzilla »

I'm desperately trying to get support for my TrackIR 4 and have been repeatedly ignored.

I run it on a Windows XP partition of a Mac Mini and use it to play Aces High II. My problem is not with setup or run - I've found I can do both with either level 5 or 4.1.037 software. My problem is with intermittent crashes. Typically, I'll start my Trackir and check that it's responding and tracking properly - this it will do SOMETIMES. Then I'll open Aces High II. Either the TrackIr will work for a while (occasionally through the whole mission) or it will quit at some point during the mission - usually just a freeze.

In no case is it reliable and this frustrates me because I like the product. It's just too badit's not a robust and reliable hw/sw combination.
Seth Steiling

Re: NaturalPoint: Apparently asleep at the wheel...

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi PJ,

I've only seen a couple of forum posts from this weekend, when we were all out of the office and spending time with our families. If you had emails that weren't responded to last week, we apologize--sometimes they slip through the cracks. But, we're definitely not trying to ignore you!

As for the crashing problem, I'll let our support manager Vincent address this, either via email or here on the forums.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Answered via email
PJ_Godzilla

Post by PJ_Godzilla »

Okay, I'm getting some feedback now... End the flaming, NaturalPoint is on the case. I'll post up how it goes some time tonight or tomorrow.