TrackIR - ARMA 2

gregj

TrackIR - ARMA 2

Post by gregj »

Hello all,

Vincent, I am hoping that you can respond to this....I received my TrackIR 4 Pro today....(sorry I had to get the older version instead of the new .....however, that being said, I installed the software, and plugged in the USB (powered) and set up the software, looking for and installing newest drivers and game updates. In my list of games, however, there is no profile for ARMA 2. I thought this should have updated for it....? Regardless, I have it (ArmA 2) enabling for TrackIR but when I go in game...say the armory for example to test it, it doesn't seem to work......

Are there any existing profiles for ARMA 2 that I can install. It says the list is current and up to date?
VincentG

Re: TrackIR - ARMA 2

Post by VincentG »

So within the TrackIR software, you have selected Games list update, then restarted the TrackIR software?
gregj

Post by gregj »

Hi Vincent, I did. I also discovered that I needed to learn how to spell......... sorry, it seems to work wonderfully well in ArmA 2now.

Except for this: (non ArmA 2 related - rather Flight Sim X, in a jet (sorry don't recall the model, but when I look araound, the cockpit looks left or right with my head swivel. In other words I see the dash outside the window to my L or R........

BTW, regardless of the issue....I think this is pretty damn cool software, adds a whole new dimension to gaming......
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

In FSX, my guess is that you were in a 2d cockpit view, which keeps the dash in front of you , as you move your head around. Try selecting the 3D VC view.
gregj

Post by gregj »

awesome feedback...timely great product too.....really like it....should I have sprung for trackir 5? Is it better?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You can find a comparison chart here

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... rison.html