WTH? No Worky...

gregj

WTH? No Worky...

Post by gregj »

Hey all

Had some recent misfortunes with FSX...had to reinstall several times to get it working correctly. Now When I start up FSX, my TrackIR 4 doesn't work.

It is on, there is a profile, and I can create them hot keys are set different, latest software installed per website instructions, can enable stand by, but I used to get a little orange light, then a blue light to show that it was working.....and it would in fact allow me to view no problem. Now? Not so much......

Any ideas... I have looked at everything I can to resolve, deleted FSX in profile recreated.....etc...
gregj

Re: WTH? No Worky...

Post by gregj »

Additionally,

Uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers = NO
Changed USB Port (powered port) on a mouse pad = NO
USB Port direct to computer = NO

Oh how I miss my little orange and blue lights........... :(
gregj

Post by gregj »

K so now I have it working in ARMA II, bit not in FSX......

Hmmmm
gregj

Post by gregj »

So now I know it is definitely FSX related....unistalled all FSX components, add ons scenery etc. cleared all registry entries....reinstalled, fresh version with SP 1 no go....sp2 no go but grid and arma II both work, TrackIR also works as a mouse.

Green Light ---check

Bluelight with ARMA II -----Check
Blue Light with Grid----Check

Ability to track, save profiles view all installed games ----check

work with game I want it to (FSX) uhhh uncheck......
gregj

Post by gregj »

Hmmmmm FIXED IT.....

It seems there is a couple of files that wanted to stick around after uninstalling....they were in the WinSXS folder, that related to the ability for this program to communicate????

I worked with a nice fellow named Pete Dobson who explained some stuff. Now it works, loaded up all my add on planes.....(haven't quite been brave enough to attempt my scenery yet.....just glad it is working, was begging to have TrackIR withdrawals, I was getting all jittery n stuff.... ;)

Thanks to Pete.....http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77433
gregj

Post by gregj »

Err ummm that would be Pete Dowson......That's Pete DOWSON.....

great help over there.....
TeamMM3

Post by TeamMM3 »

I have the same problem. After two years of using it fine everywhere, I am now having problems getting it to work in FSX. I have tried everything and can't get it to work. Unfortunately I do not have the FSX CDs with me as I just moved to Florida and didn't bring them. I'm guessing I won't be able to play FSX anymore with my TrackIR until then since it looks like reinstalling the game is inevitable.