Problem with Hot Keys = no longer function in sim

d.burnette

Problem with Hot Keys = no longer function in sim

Post by d.burnette »

I seem to have developed a problem of late.
I am running the Track IR4 Pro with Vector, and use the track hat with clip for tracking. It has been working well for me for some time.
Fairly recently I downloaded the version 5 software and was using it.
My assigned hot keys, for pause, center, and precision, are no longer working from within a game/sim. However, when viewing the tracking from the windows desktop, they seem to work just fine.

In FSX, it used to work just fine, now the hot keys will not work in FSX. I have also tried in Black Shark, and IL2 FB.
In all three, the hot keys will not function from within the sim - only outside on the desktop.
I tried also downloading and reinstalling the version 4 software, and have the same problem. I have also tried different key assignments as well, Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks in advance for any help...
VincentG

Re: Problem with Hot Keys = no longer function in sim

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you running?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

An update that may help:

Just tried FSX again - and the hot keys are working as they should in it. I have the same hot keys assigned in FSX for Track IR, as I do in Black Shark ( up , down, and left arrows ).
However in Black Shark, the hot keys will not work. I have confirmed also that I have no control assignments in the sim assigned to these same keys.

Also, in IL2 1946, I use the default hot keys. Again, they do not work from within the sim. Like Black Shark, I can alt-tab out and view the Track IR screen, and from there the correct profile is loaded and the hot keys work just fine when viewing in the TIR software. Back into the sim , and they just do not work. And I have confirmed in IL2 1946, am not using the default hot keys assigned to any function from within the sim.

So in summary, I have three flight sims, one ( FSX ) the hot keys work just fine as they should.
The other two - IL2 1946 and Black Shark - the hot keys will not function with the TIR from within the sim. Outside the sim, with the appropriate profiles loaded, no problems.
So apparently somthing is killing my hot key functions for TIR when running these two sims.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Make sure that you are running the applications at the same permission level within the OS.

Try starting each application by right clicking on the exe file, and selecting run as admin
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Well I'll be!

You are exactly correct Vincent - just launched the Track IR software by right clicking and selecting run as admin, and launched Black Shark by doing the same.
The hot keys worked as they should!

I probably never would have thought of that - thank you very much!
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

An additional note to let you know - I was able to go to the exe for both Track IR and Black Shark, right click on them, and on the compatibility tab put a check in " run as administrator".

Now I can launch them both with a single left click and the hot keys work as they should.

Thanks again, so glad this is solved!
WWMirage

Post by WWMirage »

I have the same problem with the TIR 5 software running TIR 4 pro and keystrokes - but with rise of flight (IL2 works fine). The hitch is I'm running Win XP 32. Bindings seemed fine using the 4.xx software so I may have to switch back. But really like v5. The keystrokes for center, pause, and precision become disabled - i.e., I can't even generate the keystroke using the keyboard or through my CH flightstick. For instance, I'm trying to type in slash, asterick, and minus sign right now using my keyboard (these are the keys I assigned for center, precision, and pause), but no go. The keyboard or CH key strokes will work in V5 but not in ROF or notepad, etc. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Any other keyboard/joystick software installed and running?
WWMirage

Post by WWMirage »

I have CH Products control manager installed (for the flight stick, etc).