Win 7 64 bit Can't install Software

jalebru

Win 7 64 bit Can't install Software

Post by jalebru »

Just recently got win 7 for my pc that has been running vista 64 with the track ir v5 software. I can't get the trackir software to install now in win 7.

I get 2 different errors. The first one says "Setup failed to run installation. On or more arguments are not correct."

Then if I try and install again with out rebooting, I get. "Error extracting support files. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".

Have tried to install TrackIR_5.0.Final.b and TrackIr_4.1.037.Final.B and both give me the same problem. UAC is turned off, I have tried to run as administrator and in Win XP compatability mode. I even tried to turn off the Driver Signature thing on reboot through F8 menu.

System info.
TrackIR 4 Pro Clip
Clean install Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM
300GB VelociRatpor
Q6700 CPU
680I mobo
2X 9800GTX+
SB X-FI
JusticeAA

Re: Win 7 64 bit Can't install Software

Post by JusticeAA »

The software works fine on Win7x64 without changing UAC or running in compatibility mode for me so you may have different problems.

Try re-downloading the setup files and turning off any antivirus you have running.
jalebru

Post by jalebru »

Got it working now, ended up having to reinstall win 7 and installed TrackIR v5 software before I did any updates. No clue what was wrong.
csevers

Post by csevers »

I'm having the same problem as the original poster, Windows 7 64bit release version. Reinstalling Windows is out of the questions. Has anyone else found a fix for this?

edit: This is with 4.1.037 Final B. I have redownloaded the software and turned off all antivirus/spyware. No luck.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have access to another PC you could install the software to, and then copy the files over from?
xxProhibxx

Post by xxProhibxx »

I'm having the exact same problem and am unwilling to reinstall Windows 7. Help!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have access to another PC you could install the software to, and then copy the files over from?
inbox7

Post by inbox7 »

Same problem here...Any solution to this? Tried versions 4.1 and 5.0. Re-installing Win 7 isn't an option. How do you fix?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

please email support with your camera serial number, and issue