TrackIR 4 + FSX

bman2006

TrackIR 4 + FSX

Post by bman2006 »

I have been loving my TIR 4 Pro for about 4 years now. Can't live without it.

I don't recall if there is a work around for FSX not shutting down correctly when TrackIR is running. I am running some apps that also use Simconnect. If I shut down FSX and then start it again, the simconnect ports are still tied up causing these remote apps to not connect. I think this is because FSX isn't fully shutting down.

Is there a work around to get FSX to shutdown correctly with TIR running? (version 4 + FSX (acceleration) + Win7..

Thanks
VincentG

Re: TrackIR 4 + FSX

Post by VincentG »

Are you also closing the TrackIR software?

Are you getting an error message, when closing FSX?

Do you have SP1/SP2 installed for FSX?
bman2006

Re: TrackIR 4 + FSX

Post by bman2006 »

Hey vincent.. I did a little digging around last night. I think this is more of FSInn issue (piece of software used to connect to vatsim). It also used simconnect and I think it's the culprit.

I close both FSInn and TrackIR down prior to exiting FSX and it seems to free up the ports. Honestly, I don't know the connection between simconnect and the ports I have specified in various .xml files.

For what ever reason I thought there were sometimes issues with FSX + TrackIR shutting down.

I am running FSX + Acceleration (which includes SP2). Windows 7 64 bit.

I have tried TIR v5 software but I don't have as good of luck blocking out the other reflective background objects like I do with v4. Perhaps I should try v5 again and see if it helps.

Benjamin.