TIRMouse not working with Win7??

kalorvoe

TIRMouse not working with Win7??

Post by kalorvoe »

Hi Guys,

I have a SmartNav 4, and I use it with TrackIR and mouse emulation for gaming (got right through HL2, Fallout 3, etc etc).

My compter died, and I just got a shiny new Windows 7 one. I downloaded the TrackIR 4 software, but "Mouse Emulation" now seems to be "TIRMouse", and doesn't work. You start it up, but it doesn't respond to head movements in-game or out.

Any ideas? Did I download the wrong version? Is there something else I have to do in Windows 7?
VincentG

Re: TIRMouse not working with Win7??

Post by VincentG »

Why not use the SmartNAV software, with the SmartNAV hardware?
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

Because Mouse Emulation has that buffer thingy where you can adjust the width of the virtual screen so it keeps turning on the edges. SmartNav works, but you eventually wind up with your head turned all the way to one side just to face forward, or not be able to turn the whole way around.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The mouse emulation, within the IR software isn't designed to be used on the system desktop, and should only work within a gaming application.

One thing to try is to start all the applications, as an admin, by right clicking onthe exe and selecting run as admin.
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

Thanks Vincent, you're always so quick to respond. I'd tried running TIRMouse then going into a game, but it didn't seem to respond. I'll try the admin thing tonight.