TrackIR4 and NetKar Pro

ReDi72

TrackIR4 and NetKar Pro

Post by ReDi72 »

NetKar Pro 1.2 works fine with my TrackIR as far as being recognized as TIR Enhanced and it works great in-game. What does not work, however, is assigning any key or button in the TIR software to center TIR. Whatever key or button I choose (and enabling the 'Trap' option), pressing it has no effect within the game, i.e. TIR is not re-centered. In any other game I use TIR with, it works without a problem. Is this a known problem?

Vista 64bit, full admin rights.
ReDi72

Re: TrackIR4 and NetKar Pro

Post by ReDi72 »

Update: problem solved, it turns out that NetKar Pro has F12 mapped to center TIR by default, or at least if TIR is used with the game, but the documentation doesn't say so. This means that you cannot map any other button in the TIR software as apparently the game doesn't allow any other program to overrule its own key mapping.
ReDi72

Post by ReDi72 »

Update 2: I found that the situation is slightly different. I saw that in the latest 4.1 driver, a bug with NKPro was fixed that it took the wrong profile. This turned out to be the problem - NKPro always takes the Default profile.

Now, I'm running 5.0. A new 5.1 is also out, but it doesn't mention the NKPro bug being fixed. The 4.1 beta release does, but I don't understand why 4.1 and a 5.1 are updated, while they both support the same TIR devices?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The NetKar Pro developers used an incorrect developer ID when integrating TrackIR, which has required us to do some roundabout things to get their game mappable to different profiles. We were able to pop this change into the 4.x software easily, because it is otherwise stable software (so it was only one simple change). The 5.x software is undergoing other changes right now, so that NKP issue can't be released until we are ready to release the other elements as well. We're hoping that this will be early this week sometime.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack