windows 7 hangs

zippy

windows 7 hangs

Post by zippy »

after use of trakir windows 7 64 hangs at SD. if trakir is not used - no hang up- have uninstalled -gone back to old drivers- AV not the problem. Only when Trakir is used- anyone else?
VincentG

Re: windows 7 hangs

Post by VincentG »

Does this occur only on the PC, or do you have to run a gaimng application as well?

Connected directly to the PC, or using a hub?
zippy

Post by zippy »

this only occurs when the TrakIR is enabled. The host is windows 7 DT PC 64b- no hub rite to USB, all USB drivers are current with mobo assus. Ive used the newest upgrades, gone back to #5 and still the same- only hangs when product enabled
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you see this issue with the 5.0/4.1.038 software?
zippy

Post by zippy »

Yes, I have removed all TrakIR drivers/ hardware. I will use 3rd party apps to wipe all traces of TrakIR from PC. Then reinstall- again. I understand some folks have no difficulty with any of this software however from the first time I installed this on a new windows 7 64 DT it has been problematic. The user interface will say version 5.0 or whatever- yet the DM drivers tab will say 4-11-07 and version 2.41.0.0. So either I am missing something or there is some other conflict
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The software version number, 5.0 in this case, is different than the actual device driver number 2.41. The hardware device driver is installed as part of the actual software install, but the numbering system is independent of it.

So you are not currently seeing the issue, when using the 5.0 software, only when using the 5.1 software, with the 2.5 hardware driver version?
zippy

Post by zippy »

I am hanging up no matter what version or driver I install. Windows only hangs after TrakIR ( any version) has been used. I will have to look at whats running at SD, see what has NP signature, what svcs ID this product- they may be seen in TM
zippy

Post by zippy »

Am I the only one with this problem? There appears to be something in the TrakIR program that causes this hang up. Does anyone have any solution?