TIR 5.0 / 5.1 and Windows 7 issue

ReDi72

TIR 5.0 / 5.1 and Windows 7 issue

Post by ReDi72 »

I got my new PC with Win 7 64-bit and installed the TIR 5 software for my TIR 4. At first it worked fine, i.e. the right part of the TIR software screen showed the tracking of my TIR 4 + vector. Installed 5.1 beta3 and 5.0 final B, both show the same problem.

Now, however, if I call up the TIR software screen, the graphics are all frozen. I can see that it still registers input because on single row of pixels on top of the graphics window is showing changes and sometimes the graphics update, but for the rest the graphics are frozen.

Editing settings works fine, and also within games it works without problems. Between the software working and not working properly I changed nothing on my system.
I have a suspicion it has to do with my graphics card and/or settings. Has anyone seen this before?

System:
Intel i7 2600K
4GB RAM
ATI HD 6970 2GB
Windows 7 64-bit
VincentG

Re: TIR 5.0 / 5.1 and Windows 7 issue

Post by VincentG »

Do you see this issue withthe 4.1.038 software?
ReDi72

Post by ReDi72 »

4.1.038 is better, i.e. I can see movement of the reflectors and the heads move accordingly.

Still, there seems to be an issue between TrackIR, Win7 x64, my steering wheel driver (Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS) and the game GT Legends. When I move my head forward in the game, often the wheel will lose its force feedback, and sometimes the screen goes black for a moment. I even got a blue screen/windows crash a few times. This is only when I move my head forward, looking sideways seems to be no problem.
Targeted

Post by Targeted »

Guys I think I have the same or similar issue. I have a TracIr 4 pro with a trac clip pro and it used to run fine with xp service pack 3. I recently updated to Win 7 and the programme has been totally unrliable.

If I get the software to run it shows up as very jerky (in game it is better but still runs jerky )

I have tried trac 5 software and the latest 4 with no luck. Is this a known issue with win 7 64 bit?
Targeted

Post by Targeted »

By the way I am running a ati card if that is of importance.