IL-2 Ciffs of Dover TrackIR support

CoNa

IL-2 Ciffs of Dover TrackIR support

Post by CoNa »

Are there any new profile comming soon for the new IL-2 Cliffs of Dover? It's not mentioned any where here at naturalpoint.
It does work, but my own experiance is that it does have some issues. In general it has problems to get back to the correct center, much like Rise of Flight before.
Seth Steiling

Re: IL-2 Ciffs of Dover TrackIR support

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi CoNa,

With Oleg's rather sudden departure from 1C, we've been trying to reconnect with their dev team. He was kind of the heart and soul behind the process, in addition to the shot-caller, so things are a little murky now. We'd like to get a new profile up for CoD, but the change has to happen in their code. Right now, I can't promise anything.

This is the first I've heard of re-centering issues though. All other user accounts have reported very smooth TrackIR support.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
CoNa

Post by CoNa »

There are some guys reporting the same over at 1C forum.
Well, they are probably busy to fix the major issue right now, and as it's working smooth in general it won't have highest priority. RoF did have the exact same issue, but it was fixed on one of the later patches.

I'll put a note to Luthier to add it for comming fixes and to re-connect to you guys.

Simflying without TrackIr is not an option....ever :-D
JOHNNYB

Post by JOHNNYB »

I'm having the same centering issues with COD. After looking up or down and when returning from an external view I have to recenter because I'm not looking straight out of the cockpit.
Flak_Rambler

Post by Flak_Rambler »

Just move from IL2-1946 into CoD and found out that when TIR is running, the keys of my keyboard, specifically F8, F9 and F11 don't work when in the process of setting up the controls in CoD, and the moment I exit TIR, my keyboard works again properly.
Just installed 4.1 build 38 and the problem remains
Do I have to migrate to version 5 or should I expect a patch that will fix this problem
Thanks and regards,

Forgot to mention that have no problem with centering and that my keyboard is wireless via USB, maybe that could be the reason, that both devices interfere with each other
Last edited by Flak_Rambler on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:50 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: forgot to mention
Flak_Rambler

Post by Flak_Rambler »

Want to add additional information to my previous post:
Did the migration to Version 5.1.300 and happened the same (this time was F7 instead of F8 becuase the version change), then changed the keyboard for one with a wire, and the problem remains.
Any idea what can be wrong, thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Have you tried editing the advanced settings of your IL2 TrackIR profile and adjusting hotkeys? If a hotkey is assigned, and trap is selected, it will grab the keypress and act on it, preventing IL2 from "hearing" that keypress.