TIR4 software will not run

g7usl

TIR4 software will not run

Post by g7usl »

I am using TIR5 software and have just purchased a new Trackir4. My second one.

The latest Trackir 4 software dosen't work on my XPpro. The Trackir 5 software does.

I prefer to run trackir 4 software in FS9, why doesn't it work please?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TIR4 software will not run

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What seems to be the issue with the TrackIR 4 software? How is it behaving?
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

Hello Mike, It just dosen't load when clicking on the shortcut.

I even tried right clicking to 'open'. Still nothing. I am wondering if the trackir 5 software has overcome it?
NaturalPoint - Mike

TrackIR 4 and TrackIR 5 software suites both can operate side by side with no conflict between the two if they are not running at the same time, so there should be no issue with one overwriting the other. Is there any particular reason you prefer the TrackIR 4 software? If it's because of a particular profile, they can be imported into TrackIR 5 by copying them into the TrackIR 5 profiles directory, then running TrackIR 5. Otherwise, it may be helpful to uninstall and reinstall the TrackIR 4 software to ensure that it is not in some way corrupted.
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

Mike, I have been using the Trackir 4 software for ages. I know all about profiles etc. and where they go. It has never given me any problem but for the last.

I do use the '5' software for FSX as it is all tied in with EZCA.
However, the '5' software is still not without faults. the biggest being the external view which people don't want to move with head movements, we have the 'top hat' for that purpose. In my mind the '4' software is better for FS9 as it was designed for it.

I am also unable to remove Trackir 4 in the files, so whatever is causing the bug, is hiding within, I suspect.
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

sorted
NaturalPoint - Mike

What exactly do you mean by "unable to remove TrackIR 4 in the files"? Are you having issues with the windows uninstaller or a manual delete?