TrackIR 4 Not working

ToreDL87

TrackIR 4 Not working

Post by ToreDL87 »

Hi all

I uninstalled Track IR 4 Software and installed V5.1.3 Final (Ofcourse by right clicking as an Admin) in the hopes of a bit smoother experience, now the TrackIR is not working at all..

Got no LED`s or anything and software says the device is not detected so I took the plug out and didnt even hear the USB Disconnect sound, so I plugged it back in, no sound then either and still no led`s, tried restarting the computer as well, same deal i.e no workie.

Was working perfectly with the older software (5.1 or 5.0 I believe) but no software seems to be working now thanks to 5.1.3, what do I do now? :S
ToreDL87

Re: TrackIR 4 Not working

Post by ToreDL87 »

Any help to get? Missed several squad flights thanks to this problem :S
ToreDL87

Post by ToreDL87 »

On closer inspection I see a weak red light on the top, and it comes on no matter what computer I connect the TiR to, in other words its getting power but none of the computers try to install drivers for it, none of the TrackIR softwares finds it either.

Is this any help in diagnosing the problem?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

I had the exact same problem this morning, when trying to install the newer version 5 software for my Track IR4 Pro.
The following is what I had to do, to get it to "take".
Uninstall Track IR sofware from add/remove programs.
Unplugged the device from the usb port.
Rebooted the computer.
Installed the newer software ( had previously downloaded and saved). When I went to install it, I right clicked and chose " run as administrator). Once installation was complete,
Rebooted the computer.
Plugged the Track IR device back into the usb port.
( got a message that track IR was succesfully installed).
Launched the software, it then recognized the Track IR device and all well.

Hope something here helps you.
ToreDL87

Post by ToreDL87 »

Tried your checklist to the letter on 4 computers, no go :(
Thanks anyhow :)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It's likely that if the device is getting power, but it's not even showing up in the device manager as an unknown device, that it's either had some sort of USB fault or the wire is damaged.