X-Plane 10 problem

Puddud229

X-Plane 10 problem

Post by Puddud229 »

I have TrackIR 4 with the most recent driver loaded. Other programs such as X-Plane 9, FSX, and DCS A-10C work fine.

I do have the box checked under Settings / Equipment for TrackIR support. Ctrl-o has no effect. Also, Setting view to 3-D Mouse look does not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: X-Plane 10 problem

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I have to contact the X-plane developers regarding this issue, and it would probably be best to get a support ticket in with them as well.

It could help, as well, to manually check for game updates within the TrackIR software. Due to the recent release of X-Plane 10 it's possible that you do not have a games list that can connect to it.
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]I have to contact the X-plane developers regarding this issue, and it would probably be best to get a support ticket in with them as well.

It could help, as well, to manually check for game updates within the TrackIR software. Due to the recent release of X-Plane 10 it's possible that you do not have a games list that can connect to it. [/quote]

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to get answers from X-Plane 10 forums but I've not had luck so far. Their implementation appears to redirect what they call "mouselook view" to TrackIR if TrackIR option is selected. However, it does not transfer to TrackIR on my system.

My equipment:

Windows 7 fully updated
TrackIR 4 (Most recent version 5 software)

TrackIR runs fine with X-Plane 9, FF5, DCS A-10C, and FSX.

I have noticed in X-plane 10 that the blue light at the bottom of the unit does not come on.

Thanks,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

I'm waiting to hear back regarding a request as well. Once I have any information I will pass it along.
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

Mike,

Any word on a fix for this? I have not been able to find a solution from the X-Plane people.

Thanks,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

As of yet, I have not yet heard from Laminar Research, Inc. regarding this.
Swiso

Post by Swiso »

Hi all !

Same problem here,but with Track IR 5.
On every other program, it run flawless, but on X-Plane there's no way to make it run.
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

Yes,
the problem appears to be that the X-Plane software simply does not detect the TrackIr when the program initializes. TrackIR's light does not come on when X-Plane starts up (like it should).

Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

As far as I know, to get TrackIR to run in X-plane10, you need to enable TrackIR in the controllers menu then use it as you would use 3d mouse look. I still have not heard from Laminar, though.
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

This is very frustrating. Has anyone been able to get TrackIr to wok with X-Plane 10? If so, how?

Thanks,
Jeff