X-Plane 10 problem

Swiso

Re: X-Plane 10 problem

Post by Swiso »

Hi Jeff,
I received an answer from Austin and he told me that the keys to press for allowing Track IR to work in X-Plane v10 are Shift-0 ( zero )....I tried and it worked...
Try and let us know.

Regards
Aris

BTW...I made a BIG mistake purchasing this Sim...very unhappy about it..quite un-playable.... better wait for this one :
http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=958
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

Aris,

Thanks for replying. I apologize for the late response. I didn't notice that the thread had gone to a second page.

No,this does not work. I have always known about that key combination.

In every flight sim I use, a blue light lights up at the bottom of the TrackIr 4 indicating that the software recognizes the TrackIr. In the case of X-Plane 10, this does not occur.

Thanks,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Have you tried manually updating your games list? Could you check your TrackIR directory and find the release date on the sgl.dat and sgl.sig files?
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

Mike,

Yes, I have manually updated games list. I am also using the latest update of X-Plane. The creation dates for both of those files is 12/10/2011. The program simply does not initialize/recognize the TrakIr at startup.

Thanks,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

There are more recent game files available. Email support@naturalpoint.com and I will reply with them attached.
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

Mike,

Thanks for emailing the new game files. However, it is still a no go.

Am I supposed to be using the TrackIr TRMouse emulation program? That would suggest that they have dropped TrackIr support. Te
mouse-emulation is not a good system because it looses centering constantly.

Thanks,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

It should have native support. When you start X-Plane, do you get the right green light on the camera lighting up?

Have you started both TrackIR and Xplane by right clicking on the icons and selecting "run as administrator" instead of just double clicking on them?
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

My unit is a TrackIr 4 Pro. When the TrackIr software is started, I have 4 red lights that come on. In most every flight sim I use it in, a blue light (at the bottom} comes on as the flight sim software initializes. The blue light never comes on under X-plane 10 - even after hitting Shift-zero.

In X-plane 9 the key combo was Ctrl-Letter O. The light would come on when you hit those keys.

jeff
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

Also, I have tried running as Admin. No difference...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Strange. Try doing a re-install of the TrackIR software, only run the installer as administrator. Backup and keep the game files that I sent you earlier. It's still possibly a permission issue between TrackIR and Xplane10. We'll have a new version of TrackIR out shortly for Windows 8 consumer preview compatibility that may also help with permissions issues in Windows 7, so that may help as well.