X-Plane 10 problem

Puddud229

Re: X-Plane 10 problem

Post by Puddud229 »

Mike,

I tried the install as administrator then loaded the TrackIr software as administrator and ran X-Plane as administrator. Still not working...

I'll watch for the release of the next Trackir version. Thanks for being persistent.

Regards,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Not a problem

One more option to try, install the TrackIR 4.1.038 software found here.

Run the installer as administrator and copy the new game files over manually, then see if it works with the 4.x series.

You do not need to uninstall TrackIR 5 series software to install 4 series software, they will install side by side with no issues.
Puddud229

Post by Puddud229 »

I tried Ver 4 as described above - still not working. The blue light never comes on, indicating X-Plane doesn't detect the unit.

If it were not for the TrackIr, I would have given up flight simming a long time ago. In my opinion, TrackIr is not an option - it is a necessity.

thanks,
Jeff
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

At this point I'd suggest maybe talking with Xplane to see if they have a fix? Perhaps theres something that's blocking it with the version that you have?
almaniac

Post by almaniac »

I'm having the same problem. When I run both as administrator the Track-IR works, but for some reason X-Plane can't fine the DVD drive to authenticate. Very annoying, and it makes it essentially useless.

Any progress since the last update on this problem?
almaniac

Post by almaniac »

Turns out the authentication issue was just because X-Plane was running as admin now and not my user. I just put the 1st DVD back in and it worked fine.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello almaniac,

I'm glad to hear that you got it running. Thank you for the update.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager