PlanetSide2

ksw231

Re: PlanetSide2

Post by ksw231 »

just bought a TrackIR 5 and im hopin with everything i got that planetside 2 will support it. I will be a very sad panda if i cant look around in my scythe.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=ksw231]just bought a TrackIR 5 and im hopin with everything i got that planetside 2 will support it. I will be a very sad panda if i cant look around in my scythe. [/quote]
They now have our SDK in hand, so just keep letting them know that TrackIR support is important to you. That, and keep your fingers crossed. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JumpArtist

Post by JumpArtist »

Holy crap thats GREAT NEWS!!!!! Man I am REALLY looking forward to this game. I hope it Buries BF3. Those retards couldn't figure out what their customers want in a million years. Hopefully SOE is on the right track!!!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=JumpArtist]Holy crap thats GREAT NEWS!!!!! Man I am REALLY looking forward to this game. I hope it Buries BF3. Those retards couldn't figure out what their customers want in a million years. Hopefully SOE is on the right track!!![/quote]
The SOE devs struck me as really wanting to give the community whatever they want to "feel at home"--ideally including TrackIR. So now the community has to keep it up, letting them know that TrackIR is something they really want.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JumpArtist

Post by JumpArtist »

So it looks as if SOE has adopted the EXACT same system of freelook as BF3. I am SO disappointed in this decision. They are staring a gift horse in the mouth.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=JumpArtist]So it looks as if SOE has adopted the EXACT same system of freelook as BF3. I am SO disappointed in this decision. They are staring a gift horse in the mouth. [/quote]
The last I heard, they weren't positive if they'd be able to integrate before launch or not, but were still pretty high on TrackIR. (Incidentally, about the same response I ended up with from DICE.) I think it's far from a done deal, and still worth pinging them with requests for integration (which we'll of course be doing).
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
JumpArtist

Post by JumpArtist »

Any news on this Topic Seth? Im hoping they get their head out of their crack and implement TIR soon.
Pittsmen

Post by Pittsmen »

I have been playing the BETA for a few months now. I started a thread to start showing support for the Track IR.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/inde ... ort.42960/

Get on there and post! Show natural point some love!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Pittsmen]I have been playing the BETA for a few months now. I started a thread to start showing support for the Track IR.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/inde ... ort.42960/

Get on there and post! Show natural point some love![/quote]
+1
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

I hope they get it in as well. I know myself and several of my SW:ToR guildies are looking forward to this release.