Battlefield 4

driftaholic

Battlefield 4

Post by driftaholic »

Since this game is still in development this might be the time to push them again to integrate support into the game at least within vehicles. I recently saw a tweet of them checking out the rift SDK so their views may be broadening.
Seth Steiling

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Seth Steiling »

We've been in contact with them in the last month or so. They appear to be open, though perhaps post-launch. Fingers crossed, as usual. The TIR user base putting the heat on via forums and social media certainly won't hurt our cause. ;-)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
driftaholic

Post by driftaholic »

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... trackir_5/

Since they are at e3 it's time to bug them, I heard they are watching reddit's bf4 board. Please guys up vote this.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Good job!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Bran

Post by Bran »

Hi there,

several magazines report, that Battlefield 4 Kinect- & SmarGlass-support is confirmed now. Headtracking might not be included on release, but definately is on the way.

Now it is up to you guys, to get TrackIR support into the PC-Version. GOOD LUCK

cheers
Bran
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Bran wrote:Hi there,

several magazines report, that Battlefield 4 Kinect- & SmarGlass-support is confirmed now. Headtracking might not be included on release, but definately is on the way.

Now it is up to you guys, to get TrackIR support into the PC-Version. GOOD LUCK

cheers
Bran
I saw that as well. We've been in high level talks with them, and they've expressed a desire to implement in BF4. Fingers crossed we get it over the goal line this time.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
driftaholic

Post by driftaholic »

Might be a better place for this post:

I noticed in the settings file there was a line:

GstInput.HeadtrackingEnabled 1

So I fired up tir software and joined a game. With out the tir software running you can use the mouse to look around inside a vehicle and with it running the mouse wont move the camera in a vehicle however the "game recognised" light on the camera doesn't light and the game doesn't respond to head movements.

But the fact that TIR software running disables the mouse look in game gets me hopeful and I figured I Would share.
driftaholic

jedihansen

Post by jedihansen »

Is there any update on the TrackIr working with Battlefield 4
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

jedihansen wrote:Is there any update on the TrackIr working with Battlefield 4
The last I heard was that they wanted to support post-launch. I've been trying to get some additional confirmation on this, but with no luck lately. As I usually do, I'd recommend that you take your request to Dice, as customer feedback only bolsters our case.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
GregH

Post by GregH »

Any updates on this?

Is there a way to make the SmartNav 4 native as a USB mouse? And not be recognised as a piece of IR software? So games like Battlefield just recognise a mouse?