On-the-Fly Zone Activation

tommyzDad

On-the-Fly Zone Activation

Post by tommyzDad »

My apologies if this has been asked....

Is there now or will there ever be the ability to activate/ deactivate any one of the six zones on the fly, i.e while in-game?

Here's what I'm looking for: For Arma 3 I have "Z" (zoom in/out) disabled for when I play as an infantryman. What I would like to be able to do is to activate "Z" without leaving the game, for when I jump into to pilot an aircraft or a vehicle. Then when I dismount, once again deactivate "Z".
MikeWitham

Re: On-the-Fly Zone Activation

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello tommyzDad,

I'm sorry this took me a couple of days to get back to you. I wanted to test this before I answered and yes, there is a way to do this sort of.

The first step is to take the profile you have for the game and make a copy of it, then open advanced settings on your original copy. From there you can enable the "profile" hotkey from the drop down menu, and set it to whatever key you want F8 is default. Next is to take your copy of that profile and uncheck the Z axis, and enable the "profile" hotkey and set a different button to it. I used F6 to test this in ArmA 2. When you are playing you can hit F8 to have your original profile load with the Z axis active, and simply press F6 and it will switch profiles in game. You would then be able to switch between the profiles at the click of a button.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tommyzDad

Re: On-the-Fly Zone Activation

Post by tommyzDad »

Thank you so very much, Mike. It works wonderfully.

And cheers for the support--I've always been able to get replies to my requests for help.

Happy New Year, sir!