Need help with DayZ standalon

mi7d1

Need help with DayZ standalon

Post by mi7d1 »

I'm really confused and not sure what to try next. I can't get the trackir to work with DayZ standalone.
I have 5.22 drivers installed. Everything seems to work but not in the game. I'm not sure how to get the game to use the trackir. I've looked for answers on the net but can't find anything that works for me.

Cheers,
Bill
MikeWitham

Re: Need help with DayZ standalon

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Bill,

I know TrackIR works well in DayZ Standalone, but there are a few steps to get it running. I'm going to go through this from the beginning. If you follow this, step-by-step you should be playing in no time.

Open TrackIR
Check for game updates
Re-Start TrackIR
Open DayZ Standalone
Select Configure
Select Controls
Select Devices
Highlight TrackIR
Click Enable
Select Customize
Select Schemes
Select TrackIR

That should get you up and running. If there are any complications or questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mi7d1

Post by mi7d1 »

Hey Mike,
Select Configure
Select Controls
Select Devices
I had thought that was where it was. However when I go there, I can see no box to input or select my trackir input choice.

img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2811/1222 ... 85ce_o.jpg[/img]
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2811/1222 ... 85ce_o.jpg

My config file in MyDocuments/Dayz shows the following:

customScheme=1;
trackIR=1;
freeTrack=1;

As far as I understand, trackir is set to run with the =1;

Might you have any other ideas that I can try?

Cheers,
Bill
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Bill,

When you start up DayZ, does TrackIR's right LED come on and turn green? If so, what game title is it recognizing? Are you running both DayZ and TrackIR at the same permission level? I would recommend right clicking and running them both as admin. I just went through the set up and TrackIR worked with the steps I listed earlier. I played using TrackIR for 20 minutes with no issues (aside from bandits).
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mi7d1

Post by mi7d1 »

It's working now, thank you Mike. All I did was set both Steam and Trackir to run in administrative mode and the second green light lite up! It's is working in game!

Thank you for your help :-)

Cheers,
Bill
Tate

Post by Tate »

Hi Mike,
Could I please hijack this topic with my own question regarding Dayz SA.

My Track IR ver is 5.2 and my Titles list tells me it's up to date, however...
Dayz SA does not appear in the Titles list.
With DayzSA running, TrackIR tells me it's "Title" is ARMA 3.

I play ARMA 3 also and have different TrackIR profiles for both games, however I cannot get my DaySA profile to actually work with DayzSA.

Hope that makes sense, I can't seem to find a solution or information regarding how to fix this ?
Thanks.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hi Tate,

Because the way that TrackIR is implemented into DayZ Stand Alone it will continue to load the profile for ArmA 3. What I did to combat this adds an extra step, but it works. I go into the TrackIR software before starting up DayZ, select my DayZ profile from the drop down menu and make it exclusive. It will be the only profile that loads no matter what game starts. You just have to remember to uncheck the exclusive option when done, or you will be caught off guard when you start a different game.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Tate

Post by Tate »

Thanks Mike, appreciate the reply, that's a good workaround solution.

cheers
Tate
tred26

Post by tred26 »

I thought I'd post here because it relates to my problem.

I have a TrackIR PRO that, up until the most recent patch for DayZ Standalone (0.53), has been working perfectly fine, as it still does with Arma 3, and many other recent games.

Since the recent patch, however, it seems that the TrackIR software (ver 4.2.039, which is the most up to date version for my device), does not recognize that a game is launching anymore when I launch DayZ. It used to indicate that an Arma game was being played under the Current Game portion, but now it stays at "None".

I have made sure to try and update my game list, but it is up to date. I ran both programs as an administrator, as well. When I go into the device options in DayZ, it doesn't even show the TrackIR as a device to enable, but before the most recent patch, it was there.

I know they have been doing a lot of work with the controls for DayZ and am hoping that perhaps they just messed something up on their end and it will fix itself, but I wanted to post here just in case there was something else I could try to fix this problem myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tred26,

You should be able to use version 5 of our software. It will work with TrackIR 5, 4 and 3 (w/ Vector Expansion). My first suggestion would be to update to the newer version of the software and test out the game as well. I will test it in version 4.2.039 on my machine as well to see if there are any issues on our end that we can resolve.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager