GTA V - First Person Mode

m00k13

GTA V - First Person Mode

Post by m00k13 »

So I read that GTA V will have First Person Mode enabled. From the youtube videos, it seems like there is independent head movement so was wondering if there will be TrackIR support? I sure hope so!
MikeWitham

Re: GTA V - First Person Mode

Post by MikeWitham »

m00k13,

I hope so too, but at this time I don't have any news for or against it. I would suggest going to the developers of GTA V and let them know you would like to see it in the game.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
SparkMasterB

Post by SparkMasterB »

What about support for TIRMouse Emulation in GTA V?
TIR Mouse Emulation does not seem to work in game, and neither does using something like 3rdparty programs such as PPJoy+TIR2Joy.

For the included TIRMouse Emulation program;I have mouse look enabled in GTA V and tried Direct Input, Raw Input and Windows for mouse control within the game but I can not seem to get the mouse emulation to work without the TIR Mouse Emulation window in focus, so it does not work once in game.

It seems that Natural Point needs to add detection for the GTA V exe file...
What about a way to add custom Title (game.exe) profiles so we can do this on our own?
I am running the latest version of TIR (5.2.200 build 14548)and the latest game list.
SparkMasterB

Post by SparkMasterB »

The only place with independent head movement is in vehicles.

Although a big janky, you can get things to work using FreePIE with mouselook if you run the game in windowed or borderless window mode.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

SparkMasterB,

I wish that it was as easy as that for us. Rockstar would need to implement the support for the TrackIR in their game. My suggestion is to start a forum post with Rockstar and get the topic enough traction that they look into it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Redglyph

Post by Redglyph »

Hello,

For anyone interested in such support from Rockstar, I found a thread with exactly what MikeWitham suggested:

TrackIR support in GTA V

Though I seriously doubt they'll do anything about it, it already took them a huge amount of time before deciding to port this title to the PC, and they are obviously not interested in spending more time than necessary on this platform (seeing the quality of their support, it's also unlikely such a message will ever be forwarded to their sales team in the first place). But it doesn't cost much to try :)
zerohype

Post by zerohype »

Hi,

I'd really would like to use track ir with GTAV, this guy managed it so it could be worth reaching out to find out how. https://youtu.be/EL4TB9TkZKw

Looks like it works great.

Thanks
Ryan
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

zerohype,

I'll reach back out to them and see if I can muster some support. Thanks for the video!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
johnolsen

Post by johnolsen »

I am also waiting for the same thing.
gtavmasterhub

Post by gtavmasterhub »

I hope so too, but I don't have any proof for or against it at this moment. I suggest hiring the gta 5 developers and expressing your wish to see included in the game.

Thank,
https://gta5masterhub.com/ this