DayZ Support?

bjcsoln

DayZ Support?

Post by bjcsoln »

Okay this is embarrassing - I am playing DayZ (standalone? basically the one that is currently at .62 and everyone is going crazy waiting for .63).

I saw in the original games support list that DayZ was there, but when I d/l'd TrackIR V5.4, DayZ is listed under the titles..Arma is, but not DayZ.

Did I get duped here? Does it not actually support DayZ proper (or am I just confusing the names a bit and really it only supports DayZ/Arma titles?

Thanks,
B
bjcsoln

Re: DayZ Support?

Post by bjcsoln »

Okay, I found the answer to this on another forum here - looks like the support for this product stopped working in DayZ .62 (and hopefully it will show back up in .63...)

Thanks to the folks on the other forum (and if I was better I would figure out how to link over to the other answer)
Chris.Johnson

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello bjcsoln,

Track IR does work with DayZ Proper as well as DayZ Arma on Steam for PC. You will want to be sure to disable the mouse movement in the DayZ settings so it does not interfere with the Track IR
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
bjcsoln

Post by bjcsoln »

Chris,

By disable mouse movement, do you know which specific setting you are talking about? Right now I have a key bound to Free look (which is what I expect the trackIR to replace), but I don't see any other specific settings.

Also - to confirm - I would still be using the mouse to move / aim? I am hoping to only use this for the head free look, and still keep the mouse for standard aiming (not sure if that is an option or not).
Heinekenn

Post by Heinekenn »

No...TrackIR is not recognized by DayZ .63.

So far...that is. The version will be getting incremental updates over time...so I have heard.

Will TrackIR be supported somewhere along that timeline?