Some questions.. including sensitivity...

Vladimir

Some questions.. including sensitivity...

Post by Vladimir »

I got it all set up without much trouble.

At the moment, I have it setup as follows:

1) I set some keys to work enhanced/unenhanced mode easily.
2) In game, I altered my keysettings for the category "air" so that the toggle mouselook key is on my joystick in easy reach.
3) I adjusted my keysettings so that the mouse sensitivity under the category "air" is set all the way to low.

Use:

When i get into a spawn as a plane, I hit the "emulate mouse" hotkey for the track IR. As I fly, i tap my "toggle mouselook" button to start head tracking. Toggling it off will turn it back to a straight ahead view. Thus i can toggle it on and off if I lose myself in a tracking mess up.

When i leave a plane and need to use my mouse without my head interfering, I toggle the "enhanced mode" hotkey for the track IR.

When I am in a tank, and i go to the commander, moving my head seems to move the commander already. (since its just emulating the mouse).

It may be because I am still not used to it, but it still seems way too sensitive. I dont see in the track IR software how to turn down the sensitivity.

so... the questions:

1) Is there anything in the track IR software to adjust sensitivity? If so.. how?

2) I notice the settings of "deadpan" "aggressive..etc" What are they, how do they work?

3) In WWIIOnline should there be a way i can add the track IR as an input while its in "enhanced" mode?

[ June 25, 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Vladimir ]
SiMan

Re: Some questions.. including sensitivity...

Post by SiMan »

I use to do the mouse emulation mode, too. that's what caused most of my problems with the fast movements of the trackir.

Use the TrackIR Enhancer mode. You got to go to WWIIOnline keymap and go in the 'view' options. scroll down to the bottom where it says 'mouse look x' and 'mouse look y'. change those to your 'TRACK IR X' and 'TRACK IR Y' in the primary/axis. If you are wondering how the heck do i change it to those settings, well, when u double click that space to change the button on the 'mouse look x', turn your head left to right, and it should pop-up as, "TRACK IR X." do the same for the 'y'. Do make sure you have your trackir on 'Trackir ehance mode' and that your reflector is placed in an suitable spot for the device to read your movements. Ok, i think that's about it. after that, it should be good to go. It'll be still quite sensitive to you at first, but after the first day, i was able to control it well. just train your head to move smoothly hehe. especially in a heat of a dogfight or something.

If there is anymore questions, let me know, i'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. I just got mine a few days ago, but with all the people here in the forums helping me with the profiles, i was able to quickly figure out my problems.
Wayne

Re: Some questions.. including sensitivity...

Post by Wayne »

Thanks SiMan,

I could not have answered it better myself.

Vladimir,

1) Is there anything in the track IR software to adjust sensitivity? If so.. how?

If its for WWIIOL I can send you the profile that I use, this will alter all the settings for you.

2) I notice the settings of "deadpan" "aggressive..etc" What are they, how do they work?

These are pre-set profiles, you will want to choose WWIIOL from the profiles page.

3) I adjusted my keysettings so that the mouse sensitivity under the category "air" is set all the way to low.

The best way to answer this one is to follow the directions by SiMan it sounds as if you are in relative mode.

Send me your e-mail address for Monday morning and I will send you my profile.