How do you get IR-Tracker to work?

R0NIN

How do you get IR-Tracker to work?

Post by R0NIN »

I have an IR-Tracker 3 Pro, with the Vector Expansion.
I use it with IL-2/Pacific Fighters with no problems (so I know the IR-Tracker is working just fine).

I used to play WWIIOL a long time ago, and they are currently offering a "welcome back" program, which I would like to try.

Anyhow - I can't for the life of me find in the game the "switch" which enables the IR-Tracker for views/viewing/looking around.

I've noticed in the game's Keymapper that the odd function picks up the IR-Tracker, and only the IR-Tracker for a source of input (Yaw for aircraft for instance)....very bizzare.
I had to log out of the game, shut down the IR-Tracker, so that the game would then see my CH HOTAS and rudder pedals setup.

However, I can't find any way to get the IR-Tracker to work with the game.

There is absolutely NO information on CRS's website about the use or even support of the IR-Tracker, and I can't find anything here either.

Can anybody tell me where the "on" switch is hidden please?

Thanks
Pruitt

Re: How do you get IR-Tracker to work?

Post by Pruitt »

Actually it's fairly simple.

1. Turn on TrackIR and verify that the profile you are using has TrackIR enabled in Enhanced Mode.

2. Start WWIIOL and enter the KeyMapper screen.

3. Choose "Views".

4. Find the lines for "Mouselook". This controls views for all avatars except infantry.

5. Change the lines for Mouselook X & Y axis by doubleclicking on an entry and moving your head in the appropriate direction for the Axis you are changing (side to side for X, Up and Down for Y).

6. Make not of the hotkey that enables Mouselook (don't worry, mouselook is just the name. It will work in Enhanced mode when set to TrackIR).

7. Save All Screens

8. Go to Troopers and repeat steps 4-7. This will enable TrackIR for infantry.

Have Fun!!
R0NIN

Post by R0NIN »

Fantastic - thanks.

I had tried this earlier, but wasn't moving my head around giving it any input, assuming it was going to default the X or Y.
My mistake.

Anyhow - works fine now - thanks again!
Pruitt

Post by Pruitt »

Glad I was able to help! Have Fun!