Tobruk

Vector expansion for BB release?

Post by Tobruk »

Any news?
Jim

Re: Vector expansion for BB release?

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We believe that the new boxed version will have some level of Vector -6DOF support, but it has been a while since we have heard from the Rats. When is their release scheduled for?
adevlin

Post by adevlin »

I think it's late summer...
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

As far as we know the next version of WW2Online will have 6DOF support. We have no reason to believe otherwise at this time. We will of course keep you guys posted if this changes.

Jason
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

excellent, this news alone might be what makes me retry the game
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

At the recent IRC meeting with CRS, they stated that 6DOF will NOT be supported in Beyond Blitzkreig when it first releases. Apparently they are having some problems with graphic tearing in the cockpits at present, and their time is pretty much occupied at the moment with trying to stomp bugs and improve performance in game (better fps and less stutters and lag).

Looks like its gonna be late this year, possibly early next year, before 6DOF will be supported in this game.

[ July 31, 2005, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Jekyll ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Well, we just confirmed that you are correct, no 6DOF support in the initial release. They have said that we would have support for months, shame it didn't actually happen. The new promise is for support in one of the patches for the new title.

We understand that every new title is a major challenge and we respect that certain features have a higher priority than others. What can I say, we believe TrackIR with 6DOF is the highest priority of all!

Hmm, how to say this, perhaps you should let them know how you feel, how ever that may be.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

I confirm what Jim has said here unfortunately, but we'll get it eventually. Hang in there.

Jason
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

quote:They have said that we would have support for months, shame it didn't actually happen.Welcome to the fun of dealing with CRS
Carolina

Post by Carolina »

I ordered TrackerIR3 Pro along with TrackIR3 Vector Expansion, it should arrive in a few days. I hope it will expand my enjoyment of WWII Online. I'll stop in and post from time to time how it performs in game, and when CRS releases Version 1.20 WWII Online, "Battleground Europe".

[ August 29, 2005, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Carolina ]