warrenEBB

Re: Vector expansion for BB release?

Post by warrenEBB »

Excellent, Carolina.
looking forward to hearing what you think of it
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

Latest comment from CRS regarding 6DOF ...

"Any update regarding DoF? As a german pilot I'm tired of only having one usable 6 view (rear right). Can the german 109/190 pilots get they heads screwed on straight and then change the 'gunsight view' to snap to correct alignment? "

Doc :I'm not sure I see the issue here. Views to the rear represent what our cockpit model makes available based on the real cockpit (to the best of our ability so far to replicate these real life views in the game) and with respect to the gunsight in the German aircraft, the real ones WERE offset like you see them in game.
Right now we only have the ability to have one eyepoint but it is something that we might look at in the future when and if we can support the 6 DoF for TrackIR."

'When and IF we can support 6DOF'?

Looks like I bought this shiny new vector clip for nothing
rodom

Post by rodom »

Do you have a link for where you got that information?
Jekyll

Post by Jekyll »

Sorry for the late response, I've been rebuilding a computer.

The response came from the Rats in one of the 'Hangar Forum' weekly Q&A sessions posted by the forum liaison, Wingmann.

Any update regarding DoF? As a german pilot I�m tired of only having one usable 6 view (rear right). Can the german 109/190 pilots get they heads screwed on straight and then change the 'gunsight view' to snap to correct alignment? (Mrslave)
Doc : I�m not sure I see the issue here. Views to the rear represent what our cockpit model makes available based on the real cockpit (to the best of our ability so far to replicate these real life views in the game) and with respect to the gunsight in the German aircraft, the real ones WERE offset like you see them in game.
Right now we only have the ability to have one eyepoint but it is something that we might look at in the future when and if we can support the 6 DoF for TrackIR.

From this thread http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/sh ... ge=2&pp=20
ginzo

Post by ginzo »

This is typical of CRS. When VE was released everyone in the hangar forum chirped up asking if/when WW2OL would support 6DOF and of course Mo responds enthusiastically along the lines of "you bet!".

Several months go by with no word of any 6DOF update and then one day *poof* the reply from Doc.

Remember guys, CRS was reluctant to impliment native TrackIR support in the first place. I still have that quote from Gophur saved from the old forums when he was asked about native TrackIR support:

quote:Q: Hey Gopher, are there plans to add in support for Track IR?
A: No. No plans and unless there is a lot more markiting of those products, not likely in the future.
Jim

Post by Jim »

So, what has happened with the new release, did it ever come out? I haven't been over to the forum there for quite some time. I had heard that they were going to do 6DOF in the next big release, but you never know, as pointed out.
Juice

Post by Juice »

Don't be too hard on the Rats. They have a lot of screaming fans who love the game, and are clamouring for years worth of development activities...and everyone wants it *now*. Naturally, when people don't get what they want, they get a little jaded. Unlike the bulk of the games out there, CRS must keep FPSers, Tankers, Sailers, and Pilots happy continually.

When balancing the greater good of the game, development decisions must be made, and TrackIR 6DOF finds itself going up against things like: Tiger Tank, Sherman 76, P47, P51, Typhoon, Tempest, Adding the Italian armed forces, Volumetric Clouds, Adding North Africa.

So, what drives CRS to add TrackIR support 6DOF? Well, customer demand, of course. So, while you correctly indicate that we, as CRS customers, can encourage them to add support for 6DOF, you also realize that CRS evaluates the percentage of their customers who own/use TrackIR when weighing those comments. Natural Point can do its part by focusing on penetrating the wwiiol market to a greater extent, thus adding more voices to the calls for development efforts.

That said, I'm a year one (2001 subscriber) wwiiol customer who's in the market for a TrackIR rig. Is Natural Point currently offering any price incentives for wwiiol customers?