Will this work for all FPS games

Razors-3Dge

Will this work for all FPS games

Post by Razors-3Dge »

I just found out about this item and was wondering if it will work in games like battle field 2 or ghost recon. First off

*What would i need
*is it hard to setup
*how big of a monitor do i need
*Will punkbuster kick me

if there is anything else i need to know feel free to post, thanks

Razor
Dolphin Cat

Re: Will this work for all FPS games

Post by Dolphin Cat »

I am using the complete hands-free access solution, to also do office work.

I am currently testing some first person shooter games, to see if the naturalpoint drivers are compatible, but basically if you want to use it for looking, it's a bit of a gamble.

None of their hardware has been designed to be used as a mouse replacement in FPS games, but perhaps they will start supporting it in future.

I'm trying to figure out why it is incompatible, it might be that one of the DLLs is overloaded by the processing power of the game, or because it uses a different driver from what the games r used to, rather than a Windows mouse driver, that you would see in a settings mouse of Windows.

If you wait i going to try some more gamefpss in a few days to say which ones are playable.
Dolphin Cat

Post by Dolphin Cat »

Far cry seems playable, I get the impression that PS/2 mouse is slightly smoother the difference is small but what adds to that is you have to learn how to turn your head and unfocus your eyes while still keeping enough focus to know where all the major elements are on the screen.

This is something you do easily when you move your hand fast with a mouse without noticing, but moving your eyes and your head and looking at the screen moving a is a little bit messy . Still it seems good.
Razors-3Dge

Post by Razors-3Dge »

WHat size of monitor is good for this thing?

Also i cant wait for games to use this software or make the game around this software, i like the idea of looking down and seeing my body and hands along withe the weapons and ammo etc.. moving would be so cool and fun. THis product can revolutionize the industry!!
Dolphin Cat

Post by Dolphin Cat »

A cathode ray tube is best for games, same monitor recommendations as usual.

I tried f.e.a.r and its got 100% compatibility, the only bug so far I've had is in half life 2. and someone reported Wolfenstein also.

If you got full use of a mouse, you could perhaps use the smartnav as a secondary mouse for fine tuning the movement. You'd have to think exactly how you would use 2 mice. to be honest, you could get away with doing all the mouse gaming stuff with trackir , try one of the other forums perhaps for a wider opinion, I would say if I had use of a mouse I wouldn't use the smartnav at all to enhance fps
Gribbo

Post by Gribbo »

Dolphin Cat wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:31 am A cathode ray tube is best for games, same monitor recommendations as usual.

I tried f.e.a.r and its got 100% compatibility, the only bug so far I've had is in half life 2. and someone reported Wolfenstein also.

If you got full use of a mouse, you could perhaps use the smartnav as a secondary mouse for fine tuning the movement. You'd have to think exactly how you would use 2 mice. to be honest, you could get away with doing all the mouse gaming stuff with trackir , try one of the other forums perhaps for a wider opinion, I would say if I had use of a mouse I wouldn't use the smartnav at all to enhance fps
good....