TrackIR for Insurgency?

ManassasMan

TrackIR for Insurgency?

Post by ManassasMan »

I know that steam has it now...and word if and will it will be implemented?
Just curious.
Thx
Manassas
Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR for Insurgency?

Post by Seth Steiling »

We haven't tested Insurgency now that it's available on Steam, but it worked previously, so I'm assuming it still does.

:)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Gigga

Post by Gigga »

Yeah it works....but it seems to cancel out the ability to lean....its like TrackIR does not support it....I tried leaning to peak around corners but it wont work....then I tried using the keys that i have assigned to that action(Q,E)
and it seems that when TrackIR is Enabled it wont let me us those either.
Regnar

Post by Regnar »

I agree iwth Gigga..
First of all getting the tracker to work took a few tries I have Tracker IR5. When in the lean option does not work your weapon does not move with the lean and your lean just seems to rotate on the same axis but not move over to loook around the wall. Using he mapped keys will not work once tracker is enabled.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

One thing to keep in mind with Insurgency is that it *is* a mod. It won't have the level of polish in its TrackIR integration as, say, ArmA 2. There are some kinks in Insurgency, but we appreciate its dev team getting us the level of support that they have.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jeproject

Post by jeproject »

I know the mod is free and to be fair it's better than a lot of full fps games but I disagree that it's good to have the feature half implemented in it's current state.

It isn't useable. There's no point having the situational awareness if you then can't lean. Better to not get peoples hopes up by having the option imo.

Not having a go because I know its nothing really to do with Natural point but I think it gives track IR a bad name. If I had demoed the trackir to my mates using that "game" I'd be well embarrassed given how much I've raved about it in other games.

*Edit* Jesus I just realized that dates on those posts, Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. More disapointing that the problem still exists really. Got to this thread from google thinking I was doing something wrong! *Edit*