Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising

Boshar67

Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising

Post by Boshar67 »

Operation Flashpoint 2 "Dragon Rising" is a must to be added to the enhanced game list. The game comes out this fall and is the counterpart to Arma 2, a FPS already on the enhanced list. Hope this gets some attention.
Seth Steiling

Re: Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hey Boshar,

I've been in pretty regular contact with the CM devs working on OF2. We're very keen to get TrackIR support in the title. If you've followed the development of the title, you're probably aware that it's been delayed multiple times. Their dev team has been swamped trying to finish the game, prompting the delays. So, there definitely won't be the level of TrackIR support in OF2 that you'll find in ArmA 2. However, I believe there's a good chance we'll get *some* support in the game out of the box, with the possibility of augmented support in a post-release patch.

Feel free to chime in on the multiple page thread on their forums about TrackIR. The more TIR users that make their voice heard, the more likely support will make it in.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Boshar67

Post by Boshar67 »

Thanks for the update. I hope there is enough demand and pressure on the development team to add Trackir support, if not with the initial release, with a follow-on patch. The game looks awesome, but would reach another dimension with Trackir.
Smash

Post by Smash »

OF2 is not a game nor simulation.
Operation Flashoint 2 "Dragon Rising" (OF2) is a Virtual Marines Experience..
I've playing already for 33 years PC Simulations. All Military related so I've seen it all.. (IMHO)
Codemasters made some strong strategic decisions to bring this game experience to the next generation of Gaming.

Imbedding TRackIR software in to the OF2 sourcecode must be made a very high priority of the SW engineers because it creates stronger and richer immersive experience then without this HW.
Fish44

Post by Fish44 »

Nice to see some support for TIR in vehicles in this title, but looking forward to more.

OFP DR is being pitched (like ARMA2) as 'realistic, tactical' shooter, and as such things happen more slowly, and many times at greater distances, than the regular BF or COD type shooters.

This type of game play is greatly enhanced by the 'view-look' controls originally impmemented in OFP. This is the ability to look left/right/up/down while still walkin/running/sprinting in a single direction (as in real life). This type of control lends it self to TIR, but it must work also for non-TIR users. I hope Codemasters implement this as was done in OFP, so it can be then integrated with TIR.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We'd love to see that functionality as well, Fish. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack