Battlefield 3

CowBoyKillers

Battlefield 3

Post by CowBoyKillers »

I know its been a rumor for a long time but here it is.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6211809.ht ... es;title;1

So this time will there be IR support for it? Maybe?
Seth Steiling

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Seth Steiling »

Maybe. :)

We've begun discussion with Dice again. While we're going to do everything we can on our end to make this happen, the fact remains that the voice of the TrackIR community is very important. I'd encourage you to present your request directly to Dice on their forums or through email, as they will make the final decision on TrackIR implementation.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
CowBoyKillers

Post by CowBoyKillers »

I didn't know that TrackIR was out for games, it just so happened that I posted a youtube video of ARMA2 and another member of our clan posted this in response http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ and quite a few of our members have expressed interest in it. I don't see a forums link on the DICE homepage, do you have one for them? I will post the info on my clan's site for others to show their support for TrackIR as well.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I don't think that EA/Dice have put up official Battlefield 3 forums yet, so I guess the best bet for the time being would be the Battlefield 2 forum:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/26.page

Once the Battlefield 3 forums go up, any interested TrackIR users would do well to make their desires known right off the bat. ;)

Oh, and good to hear that you're interested in TrackIR!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Phobos_Ares

Post by Phobos_Ares »

I have recently emailed info@dice.se with my interest in seeing Trackir implemented into the next battlefield game. By the way, I love Trackir and use it all the time in Falcon 4.0 Allied force, ARMA, Live For Speed, rfactor, Flight Simulator, etc keep up the good work!
wayland

Post by wayland »

any idea if bc2 might support trackir?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=wayland]any idea if bc2 might support trackir?[/quote] It's possible, but not determined yet. My impression is that BF3 is the larger target for DICE to support TrackIR, but if their development team can make it happen (potentially in a patch) in BC2, they're very open to that as well. Once I have a more concrete feel for how this might play out, I'll put something up on the forums.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
REDRUM

Post by REDRUM »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth][quote=wayland]any idea if bc2 might support trackir?[/quote] It's possible, but not determined yet. My impression is that BF3 is the larger target for DICE to support TrackIR, but if their development team can make it happen (potentially in a patch) in BC2, they're very open to that as well. Once I have a more concrete feel for how this might play out, I'll put something up on the forums. [/quote]

I know I am bumping an extremely old thread, but is there any updates on this?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Everything I've heard directly from Dice indicates that they're looking to support TrackIR in Battlefield 3. But, over the years we've learned to take a wait-and-see approach with game development. It's tricky to predict with absolute certainty. :)

I always recommend that, if you want to chip in on the process, it's very valuable for end-users to make their requests known to game developers. If Dice is reminded that potential BF3 customers would like TrackIR support, it can't hurt!

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Trooper0315

Post by Trooper0315 »

Yet again-another bump, but I figured this is the best thread to bring this up in Seth, Can you make the mouse emulation in BF2 work as if you were holding down Look (when in a vehicle) without any modifications? If not, how would one do it?