Profile settings for Arma II

hyder

Profile settings for Arma II

Post by hyder »

Hy all,
I am new in this forum and I am a new (and satisfied) customer. I got my TrackIR5 Pro delivered yesterday and I already got stunned by it's potential by playing Arma 2.
Now I would like to make some tweaking: maybe some less rotating on both supported axes and, first of all, less and maybe more smooth "snapping" when I get near to the center with my view (it's useful but too intense, quite uncomfortable when I try to smoothly rotate my view from left to right).
I tried to "play" a bit with the settings in the TrackIR5 software but didn't understand too much. Since I noticed that it is possible to save and load profiles, I would like to know if there's some place online where I can find and download profile files shared by other Arma II players.

Thanks in advance.

-Ivano
VincentG

Re: Profile settings for Arma II

Post by VincentG »

We do have a section - http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... =61&page=1 - where users have their profiles posted.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

If you haven't already done so, I'd also recommend asking around on the BIS forums. There are many active posters over there that use TrackIR on a regular basis. I'm sure they'd be happy to share their profile with you.

Also, if you download my FPS and Flight profiles from the thread that Vincent linked, you can examine the difference between heavy (FPS) and light (Flight) deadzones (especially on the Yaw and Pitch axes). If you look at the different shape of the graph curves, in particular in the center, and compare that with the resulting motion, it should give you a good idea on how to customize your profile via the motion curves.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
hyder

Post by hyder »

Thanks to both of you. I did as you said and picked Seth's xml for FPS games (I even binded it to Arma 2, so it's setted automatically every time i run Arma 2) and I have to say that it is muuuch better now. As Seth himself writes, it's now much more comfortable to give a quick pick to the surroundings without rotating the view too much and even the center snap seems much smoother to me.

Thanks again guys. You made my day. :-)

Greetings from Italy. Keep up the great work you're doing.