TrackClip Pro - how to keep dots from crossing?

gege21

Re: TrackClip Pro - how to keep dots from crossing?

Post by gege21 »

Hi !

Just got a TIR5 + TCP for Christmas and I'm also asking myself how to set the green dots lights into camera view of TIR5 software.

How the green dots must be lined up into the camera view for the best results ?!

Here is what I get :

Is it a correct lined up TIR5 camera with TCP ?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello gege21,

For optimal performance you want the dots to be centered. Yes, your camera seems to be set in the right position. If you need anymore help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hello Mike ;)

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Yes I think I have set my TIR5 and TCP in the right way but as the TCP bottom arm is a few offset by right in relation of the two others IR leds, it is enough hard to roughly centering it with these two others upper dots in the camera view.

Does the three green dots must to be lined up roughly by the mid vertical line of the camera view Windows ? or just centering as in my picture is enough good ?

Tested with two driving game, just fine for me :)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hi gege21,

Having the dots close to center should work fine. It will never be perfect because you move around and don't always end up where you started. I would say the way you have it in your picture is good enough. I am glad to hear that it is working well for you!

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Mike thank you very much for your accuracies !

Well now I'm going to enjoy with this new toy wich improve greatly the simulation games :D

I'm as a new little boy with 60 old age :D

A happy new year to All
Best wishes
Gerard
Snacko

Post by Snacko »

I had this same problem since I bought my new monitor. I had mounted the TrackIR device at the bottom of the monitor, which was about 8 inches below my eye line. It was because the new monitor was a bit taller than my old monitor. I just finally move it to the top of my monitor and now the dots don't cross at all. I think it just needs to be mounted above the LEDs.