Switched from Hat Clip to Pro Clip Question

GeezerGamer

Switched from Hat Clip to Pro Clip Question

Post by GeezerGamer »

So I switched from the hat clip to the pro clip and can see much improved tracking function

question of the day..what happens to my profiles..do I have to rebuild them?

I clicked the little icon for proclip but my profile is seriously pooched ( left is up, up is left right etc.)

will rebuild it if I need too, just want to make sure I didn't miss a setting or something
GeezerGamer

Re: Switched from Hat Clip to Pro Clip Question

Post by GeezerGamer »

perhaps its me....for some reason I thought the led was suppose to be placed on the side of the monitor instead of the top edge with the trak clip pro, ( rotates the sensor 90 degrees, that is the problem) will keep it on the top and try it out
Idlemind

Post by Idlemind »

I was laughing pretty hard at this but I see what your thinking was, hat = horizontal, trackclip = vertical.

No you don't have to move anything.

The software is pretty neat, seems to figure it out. I had it tracking off my some remotes just for fun, it doesn't seem to care it, just finds 3 points and triangulates.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

You can mount the camera on the side if you really want, there's even a place in the software (advanced settings - camera tab) where you can denote that it's mounted at 90, 180, or 270 degrees rotation. This actually DOES help quite a bit if you have a monitor that's too large.

Profiles shouldn't have to be rebuilt when you switch clips, you should just have to select the clip type from the left hand side of the screen and it will work.