Too fragile or defective

manny2003

Too fragile or defective

Post by manny2003 »

I've bought a TrackIR 5 pro bundle a year and 2 months ago. My fault for not having ever used the trackclip pro before these days. This would make me find out during the warranty period that the clip was broken.
When I installed the clip on my headphone there was somothing strange, then I discovered why the clip was standing in a strange manner, it was broken at the level of the little rubber gasket on the led arm! There are two really fragile plastic clips inside and one of them was broken.
I'm really disappointed about the quality of this product, also because it's very expansive to buy another one (39 euro in Italy + shipping cost). I will use electric tape to fix it, but it is sad not to have used it even once in a good state. :(
psjvent

Re: Too fragile or defective

Post by psjvent »

I've obtained mine beginning of 2011 and have had hours of fun with it to date. Mine broke last week at the point where the swing arm connects to the headphone clip. I would really recommend you considder a modification to strengthen the two little plastic clips onto which the swing arm connects. During the past year, a few times I had to re-clip even the IR LED portion to the other end of the swing arm, also only held by two fragile plactic clips. I'll glue my existing one while I wait for the replacement that I've ordered. Strengthening the design would be a plus. I have to add that the shipping costs for the replacement clip is more than the clip itself. Great Product otherwise.
Idlemind

Post by Idlemind »

I picked mine up today from NCIX warehouse.. the sales rep literally handed it to me in a sandwich bag.. I'm really curious to know if its supposed to come in a box or not.

She chucked it in the bag with my MFD Cougar box... got home and sure enough one the two little plastic prongs was broken.

This was my second time out there and I don't feel like making another hour drive. I bought the Trackir 5 originally because so many people were getting it with the Trackclip Pro as a bonus - I did not get this, I got the hat version.

I really gotta wonder what the design team were thinking with this product. Your target is enthusiasts, I think I speak for everyone here when I say I would spend an extra $20 on this product if it was made out of metal, or at least have the arm and the the rotating points beefed up.

Soo frustrating.. this is part 2 of 2 for my venting / ranting.. I wrote them direct but not expecting to get much of a reply.

I really enjoy this product in DCS A-10C and would still recommend it.. for me with my duct taped Trackclip Pro I still get better tracking then using the hat version and would recommend it.. 3/5. 5/5 if it wasn't made so cheaply!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

TrackClip Pro units are covered by a 1 year warranty, so if you do have one that breaks in this period, please contact support@naturalpoint.com for warranty information.