TrackIR 4 PRO - Clip detected as vector and enabled as

Destraex

TrackIR 4 PRO - Clip detected as vector and enabled as

Post by Destraex »

Hi Guys,

Just setting up my trackIR pro4 with trackclip pro on my win7 pro PC. Grabbed your latest software (Version 5.2.1 - Final) and was wondering why the head movement was so eratic.

Your trackIR software has picked up a vector expansion and thinks it is tracking with this!!! Also the F keys do not seem to do anything to centre of turn on and off tracking.

I do not own a vector and wonder whether you can help.

wingclip

Re: TrackIR 4 PRO - Clip detected as vector and enabled as

Post by wingclip »

Hi,
I'm pretty new to Trackir myself but I also have the Trackir Pro-clip and like you, I installed the 5.2.1 version software.

I tried the Track Clip on my Ball Cap Visor as a first 'test' after reading the manual and everything went fine. Then today I setup the Pro-clip and got that "erratic head movement" that you described.

But then I realized that I still had "Track Clip" selected and not Pro-Clip. So once I selected the proper option, the erratic head movement stopped.

I went back to the Track Clip and once again, forgot to switch to that mode and again, the head movement was erratic. Moral to the story; try checking to make sure you have the proper 'Clip' option selected.
Hope that helps.

My problem is that I don't understand how to actually 'activate' a profile or if I even have to. But I'll post the question in a new topic because there's a little more to it than that.
Rich
Destraex

Post by Destraex »

Thanks for the advice.
It turns out their was a second shortcut on my desktop for an entirely different application called trackIR5. I went into that and selected the correct "clip". Works fine now.

The application in the picture simply called trackir is pretty useless and was the only thing turning up in my win7 index search.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

The screenshot you posted is of version 4 of the TrackIR software, and as you have noticed version 5 is much improved!