Wonderful product but just a bit too fragile

Frank Jones

Re: Wonderful product but just a bit too fragile

Post by Frank Jones »

Interesting. I long since gave up on the fragile clip, and have used the reflectors on a baseball cap ever since.

Is there any difference in their effectiveness? I can't say that I ever noticed any.

Frank
Wilf55

Post by Wilf55 »

I've had my TrackClip Pro for about 4 days... actually used in game about twice (amazing btw).

I took my headset off and laid it down on the table and I'm now the owner of a broken TrackClip Pro.

The main arm popped off, but it seemed to clip back on with no major issues. The other joint wasn't so lucky - one side of the internal clip seems to be dead.

Is there anything that can be done. Will gluing it at a fixed angle cause any issues? I also saw in this thread someone from customer support indicated that there might be replacements for upgraded models?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Jonahbird:
The biggest advantages of the TrackClip Pro is that it provides slightly smoother/precise tracking and a wider range of head movement since it doesn't rely on reflectors.

Wilf55:
Send us an email at support@naturalpoint.com with your TrackIR serial number and a picture of your broken TrackClip Pro and we will be able to determine if you're eligible for a replacement. Being only a week since you've had it I'd assume you are, though for international customers that purchased through a dealer we ask that exchanges go through them.