LED's gone out, possible wire damage?

Peregrine7

LED's gone out, possible wire damage?

Post by Peregrine7 »

Hi there, I've had this track clip for about 2 years now, and gotten to the point where it's real hard to play without it.

Well today I booted up DCS and noted that the LEDs on the track clip pro arm weren't lit anymore, I double checked the USB (which appears to be still working) and checked for any obvious breaks in the wee little red and black wires inside the arm itself. There are two small black smudges on the red wire, but no obvious physical damage. This is really frustrating, and honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. For such an expensive piece of hardware the quality of construction on the clip is quite the letdown.

Apart from soldering up a replacement, has anyone managed to get this fixed? (I received this as a very kind gift from a friend who I'm no longer in regular contact with, so returning it would be difficult)

Thanks for any help,

Sam
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: LED's gone out, possible wire damage?

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Sam,

I am sorry to hear your TrackClip Pro has malfunctioned. If you want, I could check to see if this unit is still under warranty. It doesn't hurt to check, even though it may not be if you did have it for 2 years. Please submit a ticket at:

help.naturalpoint.com

I look forward to assisting you.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
RodBorza

Post by RodBorza »

Oddly enough, I had the same problem today.
After two years of use, and abuse, my Track Clip Pro presented a failed LED light (center light).
When I have time I'll take a look at it. For now, it's back to the Track Clip.
For the price, I won't buy a new one for now. I'll wait to see if NP comes up with a more sturdy solution (mine was hanging by tapes).
Anyway, great product. It's a shame so fragile.
ironcross112

Post by ironcross112 »

So did they even bother to tell you which LED'S to buy incase you wanted to replace it?
ironcross112

Post by ironcross112 »

It's a bad design. It's appears you can spin it 180 deg but it will break the wires. That's why the wireless one has a charging plug