New TrackClip Pro is better.

Seth Steiling

Re: New TrackClip Pro is better.

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Grim,

The material change has already notably improved the durability of the current design, so it definitely does matter. A new design is on the roadmap, but this was the best solution for improving the units shipping out in the present and near future.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
GrimLP

Post by GrimLP »

Seth Steiling wrote:Hi Grim,

The material change has already notably improved the durability of the current design, so it definitely does matter. A new design is on the roadmap, but this was the best solution for improving the units shipping out in the present and near future.

- Seth
Thanks for the reply Seth, I'm glad to hear a redesign is on the board. Looking forward to it.
dradecki

Post by dradecki »

Wish this was the version I received. The last one I got broke within a couple of weeks and I still don't know how. My failings with the Trackclip has forced me to use other face track software.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Have you created a ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com? I would love to check on your warranty stratus and assist you with this.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
dradecki

Post by dradecki »

Not yet, it was a replacement from another breakage so I didn't know if anyone could help. Given how quickly this one broke I just gave up and I had no idea an updated model had come out.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Definitely reach out to support. We'll replace it if within warranty, even if it's a replacement for a replacement. :-)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack