New TrackClip Pro is better.

ionstorm66

New TrackClip Pro is better.

Post by ionstorm66 »

The new material change made the TrackClip feel a much more well built. I attempted to brake it my bending the arm in different directions, and it held up excellently. The old one broke even though I kept it in the box unless I was using it, this one feels as if I could keep it attached to my headset.
TwilightZone

Re: New TrackClip Pro is better.

Post by TwilightZone »

[quote=ionstorm66]The new material change made the TrackClip feel a much more well built. I attempted to brake it my bending the arm in different directions, and it held up excellently. The old one broke even though I kept it in the box unless I was using it, this one feels as if I could keep it attached to my headset. [/quote].......good to know....i just received my pro clip in the mail today......;-)
Frede9

Post by Frede9 »

Does it look any different? I did something with my arm that made one of the small plastic connectors bend.
I found a post with a picture that looks like my problem.
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3016 ... 213425.jpg
Both connectors are still on it, but since one of them is bending in towards the second one it makes it fall off easily. I'm a bit worried that the plastic connector will fall off soon (I tried to bend it back to see if that would help, but it goes back to same position when I connect it) it feels very loose.

I've had my TrackIR5 and pro clip in almost 7 months. :/
adi518

Post by adi518 »

What material is it made of now?

I heard nothing but bad stories about the clip pro. Some youtubers also say bad things about it breaking and stuff. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

If there's proof that it is now changed to a good material that is well worth the money, I'm in for it! Is there new UPC for this new one? I need a way to tell old from new so I don't confuse and buy the bad one.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

There is new material, and it's proven to be quite a bit more robust. We tested LOTS of new samples to dial it in.

There is no noticeable visual difference, but if you purchase from us directly, it will definitely be the new material.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
adi518

Post by adi518 »

Sounds good... problem is, I'm not from the states... more like middle east, Israel.

Can you guys do first class usps? I mean, it's a small item so it'd be silly for me to pay shipping with higher service that's nearly the same cost as the item. :)
adi518

Post by adi518 »

Ok.. I just tried to add it in the cart on your website.. shipping options for me are only with UPS which is a premium carrier going for 40$ & 50$ price points. Obviously, a deal breaker. I hope you could make "special" arrangement and ship this thing with regular first class. I don't need a huge retail box, just something small to protect it. First class arrives within 1 week and couple days so it's fast and reliable.. had hundreds of deliveries and not one lost in the 6 years of doing business with states folks. Otherwise, I don't see a way for me to buy it. :\
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We don't ship USPS internationally, but we do have an Israeli importer that will likely have a handful of TrackClip PROs on hand. You might confirm with him that they are the newer material (anything shipped to them after about June or so).

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/01- ... alers.html
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
adi518

Post by adi518 »

I will check with him, thanks.
GrimLP

Post by GrimLP »

This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Creating a more "robust" material doesn't really matter in my opinion. It's still plastic. The point of failure in every post about the clip pro is the small (very) clips holding one piece to another. My only question, is why not make this rig out of metal? I know you want to keep weight down, but couldn't you just use aluminum? It's strong and very light.

Or maybe make it completely out of flexible wire. That would work.

The track clip pro is obviously not working the way it is... I can't imagine why you haven't replaced the design yet. How much money have you guys lost in replacing broken track clip pros?