TrackClip project

gpbarth

Re: TrackClip project

Post by gpbarth »

Reading the threads up here, I have noticed the problem (?) of sensitivity with the TrackClip Pro as compared with the TrackClip, and I think my hat solves that problem. Using both, the hat does seem to make movements smoother. It is annoying to have the view continually move.

I have also set up the pause feature with a mouse button (I have an Anker gaming mouse), and can pause the camera when needed. That works fine.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

gpbarth,

Having the pause and center key readily available is always nice. I'm glad that the hat solution you made is working well for you.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gpbarth

Post by gpbarth »

Mike, any progress on being able to turn off the on-board LEDs yet?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

gpbarth,

I haven't located a way to do it. I am reaching out to my Devs, but it may not be possible for an end user. I'll let you know what I find out.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gpbarth

Post by gpbarth »

Appreciate it, Mike. It might just be me, but it seems that the 3-point horizontal cap set-up works better than the vertical.

I'll be waiting for your findings.
Sporg

Post by Sporg »

As far as I know, you can switch off the onboard LEDs from the software:
Go into the "Camera" tab and set IR Brigtness to "0".

Then you can increase your Light Filter Threshold also.
For the TrackClip Pro setting, the default value is 240.
This should reduce the influence of other light in the room, if needed.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sporg,

When the TrackClip is selected you can only adjust from 10-15 on the LED brightness.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gpbarth

Post by gpbarth »

I am attempting to turn the on-board LEDs off for one major reason: to prevent current drain produced by powering the 4 LEDs, and the resultant heat produced by the LED power. More than one person has told me that there IS a heat build-up when using those LEDs. And that could lead to an early failure of the device. Less strain, more life.

I also have the hat I built that has its own LEDs (same lay-out as the Track Clip), powered by a battery pack. It appears to work very well - replacing the reflectors with the LEDs gives the receiver a better signal that isn't affected by turning my head sideways.

I am still using the Track Clip Pro most of the time, but IMNSHO, the 3-LED horizontal lay-out, with the receiver in the center of the monitor, works better than the Pro vertical lay-out with the receiver to the left side of the monitor. Just my preference, but I'd still like to turn off those on-board LEDs and turn off that power drain and consequent heat.
gpbarth

Post by gpbarth »

So mike, how are you turning off those LEDs when selecting the Track Clip Pro? If they can be turned off by software, there has to be a way to alter the INI file, like you had previously proposed. I looked at the INI file and did find that the line with the LEDs turned to '0' when the Pro was selected, so I'm wondering why editing the file manually doesn't do the same thing.
Sporg

Post by Sporg »

Sorry, I thought you could switch off the LEDs in both modes.

Just a quick question: Have you tried using the hat with LEDs with he Pro Clip setting?
Isn't that possible?