Trackclippro not working with IR5 software

flyntrckr

Trackclippro not working with IR5 software

Post by flyntrckr »

Hi, I recently purchased the Track Clip Pro to go with my TrackIR v4 hardware which I have had for years, and have the updated IR V5software working fine, with the hat clip, ever since the V5 software was released. However, it won't recognize the new TCP. (Appears to be the newer release, uncovered lenses.)

I tried all the steps in the troubleshooting guides, including reinstalling numerous times. No good. HOWEVER, it DOES work with the V4 software! except the head keeps falling off in the tracking window. This was a major problem originally, before installing the V5 software using the hat clip, which solved that problem. And it still occurs with the hat clip and V4 software. However, it does not occur with the hat clip and V5 software.

Do I need to buy the V5 Hardware?

Don
MikeWitham

Re: Trackclippro not working with IR5 software

Post by MikeWitham »

flyntrckr,

The camera shouldn't know a difference between an older or newer TrackClip PRO. If you hold the TrackClip PRO up to the camera and look in the Camera View, what do you see? Is it seeing all three lights?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
flyntrckr

Post by flyntrckr »

V5 says TCP not recognized, not connected. But V4 shows fine, just with the "broken neck" syndrome V4 software had. I have both software sets installed, so can check back and forth. The hat clip works in both.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

flyntrckr,

Can you please send me screenshots of what you are seeing in the two software versions? I think it might help me hone in on the problem.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager