Construction

IntX

Construction

Post by IntX »

The number #1 complaint I have seen on Amazon, internet and YouTube reviews of this product is that the clip breaks easily or other plastic aspects of the product (like the arms). A lot of the reviews making this claim are from 2016. Has any improvement to the product been made to remedy the issues they bring up? I hate to spend $35+ on this product if it is that easy to break.
aprossi

Re: Construction

Post by aprossi »

Hi there! I have a broken track clip pro as 99.9% of the owners.
Mine was bought 5 years ago and broke in a month or so... I’ve never opened a ticket for Natural Point because I live in Brazil and there is no assistance here (I guess).
Since my track clip broken I’ve never used again untill last month when I bought a new gamer laptop and returned to play with DCS.
Serching the web for a solution i’ve found this topic and this thing witch I’ve bought and will give a try...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2033707/comments

As I read in this forum, it seems that Natural Point released an improved version of track clip pro a few years ago, I don’t know if it’s better, but if you decide to buy, you should try to get that “reinforcement” just in case, cause in my opinion your track clip will brake too...

Sorriu for the long message and for my poor english.

Good luck!
ravensrook

Post by ravensrook »

I don't know how bad the old one was but I can say that the latest version isn't much of an improvement. The foam has a bad habit of retaining the shape of whatever it is first clipped to, so if you want to switch the clip to different headgear it might have trouble holding on to it. Using a tension clip doesn't seem like the best idea. Not sure why they didn't go with a spring clip. I'm tempted to see if I can attach it to a spring clip instead.
coachwill

Post by coachwill »

I know this is an old post but I have replaced several TrackClip Pro's out of pocket. I tossed 4 that were broken at the joint in the electronics recycling about a month ago.
loocius

Post by loocius »

The Foam Was The Least Of My Issues. I Fixed By Inserting Thin Packing Foam And Have No Problems. The Real Issues Is The Clip Itself. I Am On My 4th One And Is Being Held In Place By Silicone (I Couldn't Bring Myself To Use Epoxy). Repeating The Same Thing And Hoping For A Different Outcome Is Call Insanity. I'm Going To Give Grass Monkey Simulations A Try. Why, You May Ask? One Piece Construction, Wireless And About Half The Price.
Julian

Post by Julian »

Construction - Feedback
The whole contraption is so feeble.

The clip itself is annoying to use, once its clipped its ok somewhat, but if you bump it theres a 50% chance the
clip either comes off, or stays on.
Trying to attach it to something thin like the metal arm of my headset is frustrating, what makes it frustrating is
as i said above putting it on there, just locking it is such a pain because the locking parts dont lock, their so
tiny, they barely catch each other, they need to be bigger, this is the number one reason i hate this thing,
idk how many times i had to adjust the thing or bumped it and it fell off my headset mid flight.

Needs a better clip design, the attachment parts where the clip at the end where they lock barely touch each other
its a hit or miss and dont always click and lock on the first try, this is such a poor design.
TrackIR itself is good, i had no problems with it, and works as advertised, just the clip to attach to something has a terrible design
better off just fixing it somehow then spending another $35 for a flimsy try not to touch it, seriously redesign this!

The joint where the rotating arm with the antenna reaches out, comes out easily, it needs to be bigger and made deeper
so the antenna part actually clips into the joint and actually locks, i would pay for a new design if all these points were corrected.
Your software is great, the trackIR part that sits on top your desk works np, but the headset clip needs some serious help
please upgrade it!