Is the TrackClip Pro compatible with Arctis 3?

JoeJoeFlies

Post by JoeJoeFlies »

Neil Abrew

Re: Is the TrackClip Pro compatible with Arctis 3?

Post by Neil Abrew »

We don't have one in house to test (maybe I should order one! :D ) but from the pictures, it looks like the band may be a bit too wide to fit an unmodified TrackClip Pro mount. Did you end up ordering one to try?
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
Githyanki

Post by Githyanki »

Sadly I just got the Arctis 5 and have to confirm that the Pro clip DOES NOT FIT.

In fact it is too small by a good 2.5 to 3 mm and I have severe doubts about backyard modding it one way or the other as the build seems quite flimsy and not easily filed at the back without endangering the wiring. I may try at some time in the future, but I am wondering about such headsets as the Corsair Void Pro, the Kraken and the Man o' War too. The Logitech g 430 is about the only alternative that may currently work, and I am not keen on that headset due to the reviews it got.

Is it at all possible to have a definitive list of headsets from 2019 that is actually kind of current as to which headsets do or don't fit.
Venting is ungentlemanly, I suppose, but right now I am quite disappointed, as the TrackIR was more than 4000 local currency, and the clip on tracker yields VERY iffy results at the best of times in my setup.

I hope at least a set of decent instructions on how to avoid damage during the mod and how to mod is possible, gentlemen.
Neil Abrew

Post by Neil Abrew »

Githyanki,

Thank you for your feedback, and for letting us know that the Arctis 5 doesn't directly work with our product. You bring up a great point that it would be really helpful to list on our site which headsets work with the TrackClip Pro, and a big part of that would be to bring in a sample of each one to be able to complete that list. We will make an effort to make that happen and can add that list to our website when it is ready to go.

Best,
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
red5x5

Post by red5x5 »

FYI works with the Arctis Pro

RustInPieces

Post by RustInPieces »

Hi.
I have the original Arctis 3, without bluetooth.
This is what I have : https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-All- ... B01LWYNW1D

There is a newer one I have not tried, which is https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-All- ... B07G12Z1HR

The one I have fits. You have to have the clip in wide mode, not narrow mode. See https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/do ... folded.pdf
01.jpg
01.jpg (157.81 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (181.73 KiB) Viewed 6023 times