Install setup advice please

VincentG

Re: Install setup advice please

Post by VincentG »

1 - Have you tried a clean install of the TrackIR software?

2 - Could you send me a screen shot of the tracking window?
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

n0V thanks for that info.

I was having some simlar promblems to you but today I might have resolved them, is your TIR4 unit is it plugged into a none powerd USB Hub ?? if so may I suggest you unplug it and move it in to a port on your PC, also just for now dont use the pass through port and leave that plugged into its own port.

My TIR4 got moved when I recived the the Pro Clip to a 4 port un-powerd hub that also had connected to it a CH Yoke, CH Pro Throttle & CH Fighter Stick, I connected it to the 4th port through the pass through cable, prior to this my TIR4 unit was connected to its own port on my PC, today I unplugged it from the USB hub and put it back to the USB port on my PC and now its tracking fine even at 45" away from the TIR4 unit. Hope this helps, im still testing but its looking good so far in GTR2 and rFactor.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unpowered hubs are generally going to be an issue, due to thw fact that the TrackIR unit uses a large amount of amperage, and most unpowered hubs just can't provide the full power required to make the TrackIR unit work properly.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Cheers Vincent, im sure this has cured my promblem.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

NI
n0v

Post by n0v »

Hi,

thanks for the replies, it sort of works in gpl now. After about 10 secs it springs into life. Say then practice and race starts it takes another 10 seconds then all is well. The usb ports I'm no using are USB 1.1 though, I'll move them to a usb 2.0 port later and report back. I'm happy with the product by the way , excellent and other games seem better than gpl.

cheers

n0v
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Should work just fine on a 1.1 USB port....