Install setup advice please

Slap

Install setup advice please

Post by Slap »

I got Santa in a headlock and the deal we made is that I will be upgrading my TrackIR3 Pro to the TrackIR4 and TrackClip Pro.
Can I just unplug my old TrackIR unit, stick the new one in, whack the TrackClip on and get going(after perhaps re-tweaking speed/curve settings to cater for different throws with the Clip)?

Using the latest 4.1.029 drivers

Thanks

S!ap
VincentG

Re: Install setup advice please

Post by VincentG »

If you already have the build 29 version of the software installed. You will just need to enable the TrackClip Pro in the individual profiles, it doesn't automatically change between the vector setting, and the TrackClip Pro.
Slap

Post by Slap »

Rgr that, thx Vincent

S!ap
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues
Slice

Post by Slice »

I had v29 installed already but had jerky erratic response (left view slow and jerky, right view fast) even moving the unit to the left etc.

Until I uninstalled and wiped the old directory and saved profiles, then re-installed then it works fine in the head tacking view.

Only problem in CFS3 now I have sudden random jerks of the view like twitches - haven't worked that one out yet.
(all profiles are set to track clip pro.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Check the Tracking screen to see if anything , other than the 3 green dots, is showing up on it.
Slice

Post by Slice »

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the reply. No, one thing I tried before now- I turned off Light filtering completely and now it works better. Will test in game and post back. There is still only 3 dots on screen showing same as before and they are lined up fine etc.

BTW the 3 dots are tracked superbly, just the head in game or in track IR does not move smooth like the dots. BTW the hat/head clip worked great before no issues.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Look foward to response.......
flybywire

Post by flybywire »

I am also still having the same type of problems. Tried to use in BOB WOV and GPL and the left head movement is erratic and jerky. The profile is selected correctly and no background or interferring lights, the camera is well on the left side and the head monitor checks ok as well as the track reflector window shows reflectors are positioned (centered in window) properly and functioning.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

and you have selected the TrackClip pro in each individual profile?