Install setup advice please

n0v

Re: Install setup advice please

Post by n0v »

I've had real problems, was using the default profile.

Created a new profile, did nothing to it and everything works great!!!

Was I meant to create a new profile!!!

n0v
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi n0v, some times the profile can become corrupted ( though it is rare). You have done the best thing if you are having troubles with a given profile. I did not have to when I installed my clip, but I have had to in the past.

One thing you can do, is copy the new profile outside the TrackIR directify (I keep a spair in my docs) so if necessary it is just a quick delete and then copy/paste, this is especially ueful if you are using a modified profile that you like.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good tips......
n0v

Post by n0v »

Thanks Barred, I'll do just that

n0v
Barred

Post by Barred »

Sorry about the typos but it was late at night here when I posted. At least it made some sence

Enjoy.
n0v

Post by n0v »

Still having a few problems!!!

Like a few others at times it just won't work properly then all of a sudden all is ok!!! One strange thing is GPL was working now it won't work at all. I've rerun the patch etc.

One thing to note is when it is not working and down is up and left is looking back etc the option to view the heads display from the trackir console works fine!

any suggestions please

n0v
flygirl

Post by flygirl »

I just got the chance to try mine with light filtering off. Well, that made all the difference!!! No jerky movement to the left, very smooth. Oh, I also turned the unit slightly left as was previously suggested and moved it slightly right of center on top of my monitor. I think this was suggested too. Anyway, up and running great in both FsX and Fs9.

Flygirl
Barred

Post by Barred »

That is good news flygirl.

n0v I would try the solution that worked for flygirl. Edit the profie for light filtering by going into settings on the tracking window when in 'Edit' mode.

Earlier on in the thread I published a picture of the tracking window after the camera off set and slight rotation to the left as you look at the monitor.

Please let me know if it works for you if not we can take it to PM's and try and sort it out for you.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

n0V

I have simlar promblems too you, could you do me a favour and get some one to measure with a tape from your forehead to the TIR4 unit in inches I bet its over 30", I have a msg in the beta forum to the devs about my promblem and what i think it is. Ill post more when you post back with the info.
n0v

Post by n0v »

Hi,

yes just over 30"

Thing is the head monitor thing works fine (one that shows 2 heads and tracks movement)!!!

Go into game and all wierd and have to F12 to get the head monitor to work again.

Sometime everything is fine then its not. If it works it works fine for whole session though.

n0v