jerky left head turn

flygirl

jerky left head turn

Post by flygirl »

Well, after reinstalling this simconnect twice, I have things working in FsX, BUT, with the clip, not the vector cap, I get a jerky left head turn. Turning my head right is smooth, but when I turn my head to the left it pauses a second then turns and sometimes after it turns left it will go center right away. Any suggestions? I can see this jerky movement in the set up before starting the game also.

Flygirl
flybywire

Re: jerky left head turn

Post by flybywire »

Just to add to this thread, I am having the exact same issue. For some reason I am not able to look left. I have been using the Pro version with the hat which is great but this new device does not work (and yes, I have the tracking option inside profiles set to TrackClip). Is this thing defective? I have also set up the alighnment of the camera so it is on the left side of my monitor and the clip itself is corectly aligned on my headset in the same manor as the photo depicts in your instruction manual that comes with the device.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Is this only happening with FSX, or does it occur with other applications as well?
flybywire

Post by flybywire »

Hello,

I have only tryed it with Grand Prix Legends. But when I open your software and watch the head movements tab I see it jerking around when turning left...also there is no additional light sources (i.e. from behind or the side) that may be causing confusion for the camera.

I play FS9, FSX, Grand Prix Legends, Pacific Fighters and a bunch more, just a lazy airline pilot having fun on vacation!

I am also using GPLshift+ v0.7.3.0 found at http://www.gplshift.dk/

FYI, the unit I am using is the TrackIR 4.
flygirl

Post by flygirl »

It happens in Fs9 also. And it shows in the software setup.
My vector cap works fine.

Flygirl
flybywire

Post by flybywire »

My hat works just fine also, actually I had to disconnect the new gizmo and went back to the hat.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

1 - Could you send me some screen shots of your tracking window?

2 - TrackClip is is selected in the individual profiles?

3 - Have you tried a clean install of the TrackIR software, including deleting the NaturalPoint folder after uninstalling?
flybywire

Post by flybywire »

1 - Could you send me some screen shots of your tracking window?

2 - TrackClip is is selected in the individual profiles?

3 - Have you tried a clean install of the TrackIR software, including deleting the NaturalPoint folder after uninstalling?

Your first question...
I'm an old fart and have no idea how to take the photo. All I can tell you is when you turn left, the thing jerks around like crazy which shows when you look at the head movememnt in your software tab.

Second question, yes it is correctly selected.

Thirdly, I will do the clean install and remove the folder as you suggest and will post results in an hour or so.

Kindly,

flyby
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.
flygirl

Post by flygirl »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I am at work, but my screen has three green dots pretty much in an up and down row with the bottom one slightly to the left of the other two on top with no interference showing.

Flygirl