Why do we even need TrackClip Pro?

Jabberwock

Why do we even need TrackClip Pro?

Post by Jabberwock »

I thought that one of the strongest selling points of TrackIR was that it did NOT need any wired attachments, just the reflective tape... Now we are offered this thing!

Therefore the question is: is regular TrackIR really working as advertised? If it is, then there is really no need for the clip. If it is not, then the clip should be added to the basic device in the first place...
Barred

Re: Why do we even need TrackClip Pro?

Post by Barred »

With the clp that comes with TIR4 there are no problems at all and works as advertised. There are 4 IR LEDs on the camera that is reflected back from the clip that comes with the unit.

The active clip does not use the LEDs and gives a more consistant and stronger signal to the camera. Allowing for more extreem lighting conditions.

To give you an example. I used to have the blinds set just so depending on the time of day and to have the door closed in the evenings. Not a problem just a slight inconvenience, but the TIR4 was working sweetly. With the active clip it means I do not have to wear a hat indoors (cooler for me) and now I do not have to modify the blind's position or have the door closed.

As for bundling the two units I have no idea, it is not really necessary but you never know.

Have a Happy New Year.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Also, currently not everyone uses a headset, and so a TrackClip that attaches to a headset only would also require a customer to purchase a headset as well.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Also, currently not everone uses a headset, and so a TrackClip that attaches to a headset only would also9 require a customer to purchase a headset as well.
True
I have tried 5 differnt headsets ranging from Grado SR80's which have a single wire hidden under the band, Zaman 5.1's, MedUSA 5.1's (broken but still possible to check connection of the clip.) Razer Barracuda 5.1 (which are great for games) to even Perta Pro's and PX120's and he clip works fine with them all. So fitting should ot be a problem.