Is this possible? Need to know before I buy!

VincentG

Re: Is this possible? Need to know before I buy!

Post by VincentG »

No issues........
Catch22

Post by Catch22 »

A technical note for others w/ similiar setup: you only need to invert the forwards/backwards and up/down axis. This assumes you have the trackclip pro on the right side of your headset (with the trackir behind you).
What about the X-axis left/right leaning?

Seems to me that that would have to be inverted aswell.
brandtryan

Post by brandtryan »

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the leaning axis wouldn't work in lomac, or il2, so I disabled it.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

With only 2 DOF support you would only need the Yaw and pitch inverted, but the easiest way to do it is under View-Tracking-Settings, and select the 180 degree rotation setting.
Catch22

Post by Catch22 »

Pitch AND YAW?

Maybe I'm thinking wrong, but I believe Yaw would be the same from the back, only pitch is reversed.

The 180 degree rotation would work if both were inverted, but if it's just pitch then it wouldn't.

...Of course I haven't actually tried setting mine up to test this, I can only go by what I picture mentally happening.
brandtryan

Post by brandtryan »

Yup, only pitch is reversed--yaw, or left and right, is the same. Originially I though it was reversed as well--but found out soon enough it wasn't upon entering the cockpit
Pitch AND YAW?

Maybe I'm thinking wrong, but I believe Yaw would be the same from the back, only pitch is reversed.

The 180 degree rotation would work if both were inverted, but if it's just pitch then it wouldn't.

...Of course I haven't actually tried setting mine up to test this, I can only go by what I picture mentally happening.