track clip pro benefits?

bwana

track clip pro benefits?

Post by bwana »

how has this device improved your experience with the track IR?
VincentG

Re: track clip pro benefits?

Post by VincentG »

Answered in email.
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

Vincent your doing this again! Some of us would like to know the answers too, don't you know?

To answer via e-mail is not only rude but rather defeats the object of having a support forum.

What are you attempting to hide by answering like this?

This attitude is certainly not conducive to sales of the clip, now is it?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The regular TrackClip, or Vector Clip, is based on using a reflective material to bounce IR light back at the TrackIR camera. The TrackClip Pro uses active IR LEDs to transmit IR light directly to the camera. This can allow for better tracking in lighted conditions. This also allows you the ability to attach the Clip to a headset for use within your applications, instead of using a hat.

There was also added information, from the customer, as he emailed me as well. I tend to get to the emails, before I get a chance to post in the forums; so if a customer emails, posts in the forums, and also calls in, I tend to abbreviate the info sometimes.
troppo1

Post by troppo1 »

Yes yes and YES, the how is in the fact that:
1.The hat is gone.
2.The reflector clip doesnt have to be put back on the hat everytime I put the hat down and pick it up again( was always falling off).
3.The Clip stays on my headset, so I only have to put on the headseat, not the hat and then the headset.
Also when I go to answer the door the hat is not still on my head ( took the headset off but forget the Hat )with poeple looking at me as if I'm Mad.
4.I dont run a monitor, so the TrackIR unit is now moved to the left out off my direct field of vision and works at a lower level without probs.

And last but not least

5. The performance of TrackIR with the Clip is 100% better on my setup(Projector behind me huge wall in front) than the Hat and reflectors were.
I dont get the prob of it losing contact anymore, I can turn my head all the way to right,left up and down and it stays focused/in contact. That was my prob with the reflectors.

All in All TrackIR with the Clip is worth the money Easily.
Highly Recommended...
Barred

Post by Barred »

The difference has been like night and day. Without the Active Clip tracking could deteriorate depending on lighting conditions, with the clip you would need the sun right behind you before lighting becaomes an issue.

I have tried the clip on many headphones from my Porta Pro's right up to Grado 80 that is just a wire nd the Clip has stayed in place. So your headphone should nt be an issue. If you go down to the shops you have to take you headphones off, so gone are the days when people stared at you because you had forgotten to take your cap off.

All this goodness has a couple of slight problems. It takes some setting up which can only come from trial and error, but persaveire it i worth it. Another USB cable. At the end of the cable there is a USB splitter so you can power your TIR and Clip off the same USB socket,and on the way I have taped my Clip and Headphone cables together.

So really the Clip is a win, win solution.